wrist fracture

i fractured my scaphoid the fracture was casted and 6 weeks later i was told it was heeled apparently the x ray was bad the dull pain never went away .one year 6months later i found it was still broke so 6 weeks ago i had a screw put through the bone and a bone graph the break was clean and with all the riding in between times my bones never miss-aligned . my question with a brace when could i start riding

• 2 weeks later...

ice the crap out of it and talk to your doctor...i was in the same situation but with my knee...i tore 3 out of 4 ligaments in my knee and was out for about 8 months...but you should think about physical therapy i did it and it helped a bunch...?

Dude, I'm just recovering from a scaphoid fracture. I had the screw put in as well. It's still not completely healed, but was in the cast for 10 weeks and couldn't take anymore. So I lost the cast and bought an All-Sport Dynamics wrist brace. I got the IMC (or IMS), I believe it's called. It's like $130 bucks. I called All Sport, & the guy said the only difference between that and the $300 one is the material that the brace is made of (composite vs carbon fiber). Grab one, you wont regret it. I wouldn't be able to ride without it.

This exact scenerio happened to me...they didn't catch the scaphiod break till wayyy down the road after I was still feeling pain. I had the screw installed with a bone graph to join both pieces of the scaphiod together. These surgeries really kicked the crap out of my range of motion. I'm maybe about 70%. Its also my throttle hand so its always on the move on the bike. I bought the CTI OTS and it worth every cent. I highly recommend it. Just take it easy and PT the hell out of your wrist. Get some strength back before hoping on a bike and go 100%.