300 jetting database

Hey kxrob, 3rd position. 50:1

Way to rich at your altitude , try clip 2 but even at sea level that just about right so you might need a neCj in clip 2 at 4000ft

Honestly, get the needle just in case you need it , run the NEDx needle in clip 2 for winter and necj in clip 2 for summer

What premix oil you run?

Edited by kxrob

Honestly, get the needle just in case you need it , run the NEDx needle in clip 2 for winter and necj in clip 2 for summer

What premix oil you run?

Ok, so I moved the clip to the 2nd position. Rode on Saturday....bike was better. I just put a necj in and I'm going to try it out this Saturday. Going by last weekend this combo should be perfect.

Ok, so I moved the clip to the 2nd position. Rode on Saturday....bike was better. I just put a necj in and I'm going to try it out this Saturday. Going by last weekend this combo should be perfect.

what clip position ?

what is your temp at the moment ?

still at 4000ft ?

what clip position ?

what is your temp at the moment ?

still at 4000ft ?

2nd position. Around 50°. I just want a happy medium. I can live with it if it's not perfect. I'm not going to be constantly changing needles. Frankly I don't have the time

2nd position. Around 50°. I just want a happy medium. I can live with it if it's not perfect. I'm not going to be constantly changing needles. Frankly I don't have the time

shoyuld be ok , just warm it up and whack the throttle in neutral and if it bogs put in clip 3 and leave it , but at your elevation and a 300 i might be right but it is getting colder so means you need richer jetting

Get some real fuel (non ethanol), mix at a real ratio 40:1 (not 60:1),  and you might find how close the stock jetting can be and how you don't really need to cut the head to clean up the bottom. just my 02

shoyuld be ok , just warm it up and whack the throttle in neutral and if it bogs put in clip 3 and leave it , but at your elevation and a 300 i might be right but it is getting colder so means you need richer jetting

Hey man, just an update....necj in the 2nd position, 38 pilot, 165 main. Bike ran awesome. I'm good with it there. I might have to move to the 3rd position when it gets colder but that's it. Thanks for the input.

Hey man, just an update....necj in the 2nd position, 38 pilot, 165 main. Bike ran awesome. I'm good with it there. I might have to move to the 3rd position when it gets colder but that's it. Thanks for the input.

so no bog with the throttle whack ?

Get some real fuel (non ethanol), mix at a real ratio 40:1 (not 60:1), and you might find how close the stock jetting can be and how you don't really need to cut the head to clean up the bottom. just my 02

So, what you're saying is....follow the manufacturers recommended jetting by disregarding their recommended mixture ratio.

2013 Husaberg TE300

700'-1500' altitude @ 64* w/72 % humidity

RB Designs Carb

SX head & CDI

Stock pipe w/FMF-Powerparts turbine core 2

Yellow PV spring @ factory recommended setting (~ 2 turns)

5 oz. flywheel weight

Motul 800 @ 50:1 in BP/AMACO 93 octane

# 8 slide

40 pilot

NEDJ #3

172 main

Mixture screw adjusted for best response

The Good - Starts very easily, pulls clean at all rpms with just a light ring around the SA tip, grunts almost like my 525 and gets pretty good mileage (I'll put a figure on it later)

The Bad - Has ultra sensitive throttle (even with the correct amount of play) and a pleasantly terrifying hit.

The Ugly - The hit is nasty on wet leaves over a clay and rock base. Short-staining throttle response when encountering hidden rocks and roots.

I can't imagine what the red spring would do.

Right now, I already have a G2 throttle tube w/100 cam and will probably go to the 400 cam, as it worked really well on my 525 and 470. Both have rheostat-like control with power just a few degrees more twist.

2013 Husaberg TE300

700'-1500' altitude @ 64* w/72 % humidity

RB Designs Carb

SX head & CDI

Stock pipe w/FMF-Powerparts turbine core 2

Yellow PV spring @ factory recommended setting (~ 2 turns)

5 oz. flywheel weight

Motul 800 @ 50:1 in BP/AMACO 93 octane

# 8 slide

40 pilot

NEDJ #3

172 main

Mixture screw adjusted for best response

The Good - Starts very easily, pulls clean at all rpms with just a light ring around the SA tip, grunts almost like my 525 and gets pretty good mileage (I'll put a figure on it later)

The Bad - Has ultra sensitive throttle (even with the correct amount of play) and a pleasantly terrifying hit.

The Ugly - The hit is nasty on wet leaves over a clay and rock base. Short-staining throttle response when encountering hidden rocks and roots.

I can't imagine what the red spring would do.

Right now, I already have a G2 throttle tube w/100 cam and will probably go to the 400 cam, as it worked really well on my 525 and 470. Both have rheostat-like control with power just a few degrees more twist.

I would go clip 2 for you temp and elevation

I would go clip 2 for you temp and elevation

Thanks, but with an NECJ #3 (as i understand it, 1/2 clip leaner) it was far too crisp and had a slight hint of detonation in cooler, higher humidity areas (deep woods) under load. I believe the NEDJ #2 would be even leaner, too lean, at least for me to risk.

Edited by Old_Geezer