gmoss357

300 jetting database

Alright, same thing as the 200. Here ya go. See if you guys have better turnout than we have had. lol

Year:

Model (E,W,XC,M):

Carb size (38 or 36mm):

Slide:

Main jet:

Pilot Jet:

Needle model/Clip position:

Altitude where you ride:

Reeds:

Pipe/silencer:

Head mod:

Other mods:

Type of fuel:

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX):

Degree of satisfaction:

And finally: how much spooge 1) none, 2) little, 3) medium, 4) lots:

Notes:

• Like 1

Year: 2008

Model (E,W,XC,M): XC

Carb size (38 or 36mm): 36

Slide: Stock

Main jet: 162

Pilot Jet: 35

Needle model/Clip position: N3CH / 3rd

Altitude where you ride: 2,000' to 5,500'

Reeds: Stock

Pipe/silencer: Stock / FMF TC II

Head mod: Stock

Other mods: None

Type of fuel: 91 octane pump gas

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX): Lugger

Degree of satisfaction: Very satisfied. Crisp throughout the powerband.

And finally: how much spooge 1) none, 2) little, 3) medium, 4) lots: None.

Notes: With this jetting I only make minor air screw adjustments for altitude and temperature changes. I usually start with 1 3/4 turns out and adjust from there. The temps vary from 50 to 85 degrees F. I had to lower the float level from stock because too much fuel was dripping out of the over flow tube and it was running a little rich.

Model (E,W,XC,M): XCW

Carb size (38 or 36mm): 36 with Dicks Racing 36/39 carb mod

Slide: Stock #7

Main jet: 160 Stock carb, with carb mod 162

Needle model/Clip position: N2ZW#2 with stock carb, N2ZJ #3 with carb mod

Altitude where you ride: 2,000' to 3000'

Pipe/silencer: Stock / FMF TC II

Head mod: Stock

Type of fuel: 91 octane pump gas

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX): 50/50

Degree of satisfaction: Very satisfied. Crisp throughout the powerband.

And finally: how much spooge 1) none, 2) little, 3) medium, 4) lots: None.

Notes: Air screw at 1.5 turns out and adjust for temps. The temps vary from 50 to 110 degrees F. Lowered the float level 3mm from stock. The Dicks racing carb mod turned the bike into a firebreather above 1/4 throttle, strong mid/top end, definitely requires a smooth throttle hand above 1/4.

Model (E,W,XC,M): W

Carb size (38 or 36mm): 36mm

Slide: Factory #7

Main jet: 168 JD

Needle model/Clip position: JD Red clip pos.3

Altitude where you ride: 700 - 2500 feet ASL

Pipe/silencer: FMF Fatty/ FMF Q Stealth

Head mod: None

Type of fuel: 93 Octane 60:1 with Golden Spectro

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX): Lugger and up into the pipe for faster 2-track woods riding

Degree of satisfaction: Excellent!

And finally: how much spooge 1) none, 2) little, 3) medium, 4) lots: Mostly none. Sometimes a little tiny bit.

Notes: Air Screw adjustments for temperature. Thinking about trying a larger pilot and adjusting needle & AS accorrdingly.

Alright, same thing as the 200. Here ya go. See if you guys have better turnout than we have had. lol

Year:

Model (E,W,XC,M):

Carb size (38 or 36mm):

Slide:

Main jet:

Pilot Jet:

Needle model/Clip position:

Altitude where you ride:

Reeds:

Pipe/silencer:

Head mod:

Other mods:

Type of fuel:

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX):

Degree of satisfaction:

Notes:

08 300 XCW

36 carb

stock slide

168 main

38 pilot

n3eh in #3 up to 75 deg, n3ch in 3 for over 80 deg

stock reeds

EE pipe,SXS hardparts pipe,Gnarley pipe, Have not decided yet, tc2 silencer

stock head

93 prem fuel

Mid range rpm rider

90% happy Slavens will son see my topend

0 spooge

CJ

Model (E,W,XC,M):W

Carb size (38 or 36mm):

Slide: stock

Main jet: 165-170

Pilot Jet: 38

Needle model/Clip position: 3rd

Altitude where you ride: 0-6000

Reeds: stock

Pipe/silencer:FMF Stealth

Head mod:None

Other mods:

Type of fuel:93

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX): on the pipe

Degree of satisfaction: Very

And finally: how much spooge Little

Notes:Bike is D/sported, gets ridden all over. Heat seized on 35 pilot, Amsoil @40:1. Runs a tad rich , no bog or any kind of hesitation

Year: 2007

Carb size (38 or 36mm): stock

Main jet: 158 and 160 (see notes)

Pilot Jet: 35 and 38 (see notes)

Needle model/Clip position: JD blue 2nd, N3CH 3rd, N3CW 3rd, (see notes)

Altitude where you ride: 500-1200

Pipe/silencer: FMF hard parts TCII, stock,FMF QStealth

Head mod:none

Other mods:PC platinum II,

Type of fuel: 93 pump 50:1 amsoil

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX): technical,tight woods, rock climbing, lugger, running on 1/8 to 1/2 throttle a gear high most of the time.

Degree of satisfaction: current is confused but happy ( see notes)

1) none past was little, to medium,

Notes:

The underlined is my current jetting. I have had little luck with running the FMF Q stealth on the bike, It changes the way the bike runs , from smooth and clean to rich and drooling, a change in jetting leaned the bike out but the pipe was still drooling and the performance of the bike was not smooth and electric to my liking. In south Texas the conditions are dry,hot,hard,shallow slippery sand and rocky. For my preference I like a smooth electric clean running bike. I found the N needles have to much of a hit and flat spots,and caused me to shift the bike more seaching for the right gear.

The JD blue is nice and smooth,the bike responded with more throttle less shifting to keep the power on spot. This was my start point, FMF TCII,38,jd blue 2nd,160 bike was a tad rich in slow hot conditions. why change ? I wanted stealth, bolt on Qstealth the bike became blubber stumbling, drooling rich at 1/8th throttle. I changed pilot, mainjet, needle to the point of checking plug chop for Idea run out. results were the bike ran via plug chop perfect. but pipe still drools and I did not like the way the power was coming on.

I went back to the FMF TCII and the bike burns clean but power hits to hard and I still an shifting to much. I changed needle back to the JD blue and with current settings that are underlined above the bike runs perfect.

I hate to ditch the stealth and I will try the JD red before doing so.

I hope this gives some in site to those who read it.

• Like 1

Carb size (38 or 36mm): stock

Main jet: 158 and 160 (see notes)

Pilot Jet: 35 and 38 (see notes)

Needle model/Clip position: JD blue 2nd, N3CH 3rd, N3CW 3rd, (see notes)

Altitude where you ride: 500-1200

Pipe/silencer: FMF hard parts TCII, stock,FMF QStealth

Other mods:PC platinum II,

Type of fuel: 93 pump 50:1 amsoil

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX): technical,tight woods, rock climbing, lugger, running on 1/8 to 1/2 throttle a gear high most of the time.

Degree of satisfaction: current is confused but happy ( see notes)

1) none past was little, to medium,

Notes:

The underlined is my current jetting. I have had little luck with running the FMF Q stealth on the bike, It changes the way the bike runs , from smooth and clean to rich and drooling, a change in jetting leaned the bike out but the pipe was still drooling and the performance of the bike was not smooth and electric to my liking. In south Texas the conditions are dry,hot,hard,shallow slippery sand and rocky. For my preference I like a smooth electric clean running bike. I found the N needles have to much of a hit and flat spots,and caused me to shift the bike more seaching for the right gear.

The JD blue is nice and smooth,the bike responded with more throttle less shifting to keep the power on spot. This was my start point, FMF TCII,38,jd blue 2nd,160 bike was a tad rich in slow hot conditions. why change ? I wanted stealth, bolt on Qstealth the bike became blubber stumbling, drooling rich at 1/8th throttle. I changed pilot, mainjet, needle to the point of checking plug chop for Idea run out. results were the bike ran via plug chop perfect. but pipe still drools and I did not like the way the power was coming on.

I went back to the FMF TCII and the bike burns clean but power hits to hard and I still an shifting to much. I changed needle back to the JD blue and with current settings that are underlined above the bike runs perfect.

I hate to ditch the stealth and I will try the JD red before doing so.

I hope this gives some in site to those who read it.

Hi krazyinski.

I noticed...for the first time...spooge when I switched to the Q Stealth. It is because of the sparky installed in the can. I never spooged with the stock can...no sparky.:lol:

Jetting adjustments are essential with the install of the Q Stealth. Try the JD Red and start with position 3 adjusting clip position from there.

I rarely ever get spooge now and I use the AS for tuning to temperature. I have not yet installed a larger pilot...although that is the next step...then I'll need time to make the corresponding adjustments to the needle and AS.

Nice post.

-Jay

The spooge is not from the spark arrestor....he had the FMF TCII on his bike before the Stealth. FWIW, my bike ran the same with the stock can and the TCII...both ran very clean with zero spooge.

Have you looked inside the Stealth? Maybe there's something inside the pipe that's restricting the exhaust flow.

• Like 1

Carb size (38 or 36mm): Dicks racing oval bore with dial-a-jet

Main jet: 165

Needle model/Clip position: N2zW #3

Altitude where you ride: 800-2500

Pipe/silencer:stock/fmftc2

Head mod: Dicks

Other mods:

Type of fuel: pupm premiun, with Dumonde Tech DTP 50:1

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX): all of the above,

Degree of satisfaction: excellent! bike flat rips everywhere

And finally: how much spooge 1) none, 2) little, 3) medium, 4) lots: absolutly zero!

Mike

Year: 09

Model (E,W,XC,M):W

Main jet: 165

Needle model/Clip position: 4

Altitude where you ride: 500 -1200 ft

Pipe/silencer: stock for the moment

Other mods:none yet

Type of fuel: 93 octane w/ 25% VP V4 fuel mixed in

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX): some lugging, but mostly mid throttle woods speed, with some high speed stuff when riding area allows

Degree of satisfaction: so far, pretty satisfied, just want more oomph on bottom and mid, to be right there with 450 4T MX bikes out of turns, etc.

And finally: how much spooge 1) none, 2) little, 3) medium, 4) lots: was getting lots, then dropped needle two notches, now just blacking up inside of silencer after each run...

Guys, just bought an FMF Fatty, and the Shorty silencer, and am wondering how much jetting will be required to get this combo right... and where to start... should I start with main bump up to next size? I am figuring on the needle having to change, but not sure about the pilot, and the combination of these together... riding in midwest, central, and midsouth mostly.. so no high altitude stuff to worry about... any tips are appreciated

Thanks

Year:1999

Model (E,W,XC,M):exc

Carb size (38 or 36mm):38

Slide:stock

Main jet:178

Pilot Jet:45

Needle model/Clip position:n85c second clip pos.

Altitude where you ride:1200-2600

Reeds:stock

Pipe/silencer:fmf gnarly

Other mods:none

Type of fuel:93

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX):all over, but mostly in the middle.(single track)

Degree of satisfaction:98%

And finally: how much spooge 1) none, 2) little, 3) medium, 4) lots:very little

Notes:no plug fouling-outside air temp 40-65f

The spooge is not from the spark arrestor....he had the FMF TCII on his bike before the Stealth. FWIW, my bike ran the same with the stock can and the TCII...both ran very clean with zero spooge.

Have you looked inside the Stealth? Maybe there's something inside the pipe that's restricting the exhaust flow.

Hey Cactus...

yeah...I've even repacked it...the sparky is restrictive (it diverts exhaust gases through the arrester) which increases back pressure and requires carb adjustments.

Without the carb adjustments, it spooged. After carb tweaks the spooge disappeared.

I also think it's a bit louder than the stock can and packing...but I wanted the spark arrestor.

-Jay

Hey Cactus...

yeah...I've even repacked it...the sparky is restrictive (it diverts exhaust gases through the arrester) which increases back pressure and requires carb adjustments.

Without the carb adjustments, it spooged. After carb tweaks the spooge disappeared.

I also think it's a bit louder than the stock can and packing...but I wanted the spark arrestor.

-Jay

Sorry, the second part of my post was for the OP.

I had to run my stock can for a few weeks and I didn't notice any power or sound differences from the FMF TCII. I didn't even change my jetting. I can't imagine that the Stealth is that much more restrictive than the TCII.

As far as the OP goes, maybe there is something jammed in the vanes of the Krisman spark arrestor.

It is just that restrictive I was just at the dealer picking up parts and there was a guy at the counter with that look on his face, his manual open, the parts guy had out two boxes of jets out on the counter, I heard 08 300 bla! bla! FMF stealth bla! bla! runs like crap ! thats when I stepped in with my story and advice of the JD red needle like what Jay was talking about. I am in search of a red needle and have N and sudco needles to trade.

Just not sure i want to spend 75 for kit to get a needle.

• Like 1

Year: 2009

Carb size (38 or 36mm): Stk

Slide: Stk

Main jet: 168 Stk

Pilot Jet: 38 Stk

Needle model/Clip position: N2JZ/4th

Altitude where you ride: 150-250

Reeds: Stk

Pipe/silencer: FMF Q-Stealth

Head mod: Stk

Type of fuel: 93 Premium with Motul 800 mixed 50:1

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX): Lugger low to mid RPM

Degree of satisfaction: Very satisfied

And finally: how much spooge 1) none, 2) little, 3) medium, 4) lots: little to medium

Notes: Bike starts and runs awesome. AS 1.5 to 2 turns out. Smokes when cold but once warmed up no smoke.

Year: 09

Model (E,W,XC,M): EXC-E

Main jet: 162

Needle model/Clip position: N3CJ 2nd clip

Altitude where you ride: 1'500-3000

Pipe/silencer: stock

Head mod: stock

Other mods: none

Type of fuel: BP ultimate 98 RON (91 MON)

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX): ST and wide open sandy hill trails, both

Degree of satisfaction: loads up slightly when idleing and and partial throttle, otherwise happy

And finally: how much spooge 1) none, 2) little, 3) medium, 4) lots: zero spooge

Notes:

Slide: #7

Main jet: 158 or 160

Needle model/Clip position: JD blue #2

Altitude where you ride: 0 - 2500 feet

Reeds: V-force = stock

Pipe/silencer: FMF fatty and shorty

Head mod: Thinner base gasket

Other mods: Wiseco piston

Type of fuel: Chevron 94 and 0pti-2 100:1

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX): Anything varying from super gnarly to fast and open

Degree of satisfaction: Very happy

And finally: how much spooge 1) none, 2) little, 3) medium, 4) lots - NICE LIGHT RING ON SILENCER END CAP/ SOMETIMES ZERO!

Notes:

Bike ran a bit soft/ lean in mid-range with N3EX, N3CX and N8RX needles.

I also use a rekluse, but could take it or leave it except in really technical races when I get exhausted. I tried the 38 and 40 pilot to get rid of the lean pinging, knocking and inconsistent idle on decel after riding slow through super nasty terrain. I fixed this condition with a JD blue #2 which fattened up the mid-range and was able to go back to the 35 pilot for maximum snap and crispness. :usa::thumbsup:

Reposting for mule port

Slide: #7

Main jet: 155

Needle model/Clip position: N2ZJ #4 @ 50* #3 for 65*

Altitude where you ride: - 5000 feet

Reeds: V-force = stock

Pipe/silencer: stock with KTM sparky

Head mod: Slavens Mule Port

Other mods: Slavens Mule Port

Type of fuel: Shell 91 motorex 40:1

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX): Lugger most of the time

Degree of satisfaction: Very happy

And finally: how much spooge 1) none, 2) little, 3) medium, 4) Some, still breaking in so it could change.

Notes:

The jetting listed above is a little on the rich side, the way i like it. The above jettting pulls strong through the power band and it has a good "pull" to it thoughout.... a 150 main jet on the same setup makes the bike way more snappy, to the point where you have to mind the throttle to keep traction. I did not like that so i went back to richer settings and i am happy.