PICS / VIDEO: Braking in my 2009 CRF450

I have been waiting for this day since back in september....the day I take my 2009 CRF 450 for the first ride !?

Bike is now almost ready.....still waiting on the rear shock and some small parts but overall it is ready:

Here are some photos:

And below the pics is a video from my first ride on it.

First impression: WOW ! This bike feels so light ! Very fun to ride ! Starts very easy....2nd or 3rd kick always. Compared to my 08 this turns much much better. Motor may not be as agressive as previous CRF 450´s but very easy and fun to ride. ?

SSL22587.jpg

SSL22582.jpg

SSL22589.jpg

SSL22576.jpg

SSL22580.jpg

SSL22579.jpg

SSL22590.jpg

SSL22586.jpg

VIDEO-----> http://se.youtube.com/watch?v=VVy8DYViFtY

The part list goes:

Excel wheels / Talon hubs

Braking wave discs

Ohlins frontfork

Red tripple clamps "Martin Honda Italy"

Renthal Fat Bar

Yoshimura alu version....still waiting on the header.

Plastic, stock

Graphics..."HRC-edition"...special made from a Swedish graphic maker.

Still waiting on Ohlins TTX rear shock, TJ seatcover, some carbon parts, works connection radiatorbraces

Answers: The yoshi pipe has a 94db insert so it is quiet.

Wheels are bought from England....got a really good price with discs and every thing.

Day 2 with bike:Came in now from my second day riding the bike....This is absolutely the most fun bike i´ve ever had. Feels so damn light and easy to use. Makes you want to ride more and more. I haven´t tried it on a real big track though....only my small tight private track. But only positive things to say so far. It even starts with gear in....something my 08 never did.

One note: The Ohlins fork I use is a little bit longer than the stock KYB fork....this seems ( and should ) take away the stinkbug feel that some have felt. I don´t feel any of it. I also have quite hard springs in it. The rear shock is untouched but seems to work well with forks.....but as I said, haven´t tried it at a faster and bigger track yet.

The powerband feels more electric than ever....You never feel that hit that you did with the 08. It´s not slow by any means but it is easier to control.

I guess this is now big news for any of you who has read this forum and all the tests lately ....but this is just my personal impressions of the 09 CRF 450.

As said....only positive things to say so far.

Good Vid!

Not to give you a hard time at all, just a tip, your bars are way,way to high for you. Bars that high will never give you proper technique in the turns. I know it feels good standing, but one must always compromise.

Sweet bike:thumbsup:

Good Vid!

Not to give you a hard time at all, just a tip, your bars are way,way to high for you. Bars that high will never give you proper technique in the turns. I know it feels good standing, but one must always compromise.

Actually I heard that alot over the years. And I will not disagree with you...high bars hurts the cornering technique. I have tried alot of different bars and this setup is the one I like best. You see....I like to stand up alot when I ride. In the video my cornering seems very stiff.....To make some excause: 1. I haven´t ridden a bike since september.....2nd. the track is very tight and I not trusting the tire grip to lay the bike down as much as I do in normal summer conditions.

Thanks for the replay though ! ?

You see....I like to stand up alot when I ride.:

That part is good. I think if you learned to stand in more of an attack position, lower upper body and more bend in the knee's you can lower your bars and have the best of both sitting and standing.

Sometimes bad habits are hard to change, but you can if you give it a go.

That part is good. I think if you learned to stand in more of an attack position, lower upper body and more bend in the knee's you can lower your bars and have the best of both sitting and standing.

Sometimes bad habits are hard to change, but you can if you give it a go.

He he he.... I just want to say that this video showed me braking in my bike and trying to get a feel of it. I can assure you that in race speed I have a lot more agressive style ( and lower ) than shown in this video.

Ivé been riding mx since 1984, and been competing every year since 1991 to this day. I promise you....this was not me going full out.

And by saying I like to stand up alot, I ment: I like to stand up alot more than the average rider. My inspartion have always been Stefan Everts. ( I´m not saying I ride like Mr Everts...but I always looked up to his style and tried to follow) Feet on the pegs and stand up long into corners and even standing thru corners ( Not sharp corners of course)

I appreciate your tips and all. But I actually didn´t post this video to get tips how to ride. I posted it to show me braking in the bike. ?

The part list goes:

Excel wheels / Talon hubs

Braking wave discs

Ohlins frontfork

Red tripple clamps "Martin Honda Italy"

Renthal Fat Bar

Yoshimura alu version....still waiting on the header.

Plastic, stock

Graphics..."HRC-edition"...special made from a Swedish graphic maker.

Still waiting on Ohlins TTX rear shock, TJ seatcover, some carbon parts, works connection radiatorbraces

Do you have a web site or contact on whp made your graphics?They look real clean.

Good Vid!

I have tested alot of different bars over the years. Here is one of the lover versions.....I used this very low Pro Taper bar in 2001-2002. As you mention....in turns this was really good..... but really ankward when standing up. Of course I have also tried some middle hight bars.....but come to the conclusion that I like the high bars most and have been using them in 3 seasons now.

DSC02020.jpg