coolant overflow reservoir

my overflow tank is kinda brittle, starting to crack, and ready to be replaced:eek:

yep..... I'm working getting that damn carb out so I can install a new fuel screw just so I can pass the required emissions test here in Maricopa County (Phoenix) and bumping it yielded a nice plastic chunk flying across the floor:banghead:

the bike is a 2003 DRZ400E and is used for trail riding with just a bit of road riding thrown in......more than connect-the-trails, it actually does some dual sport stuff:banana:

anyway, I see that a SUZUKI OEM Replacement is 28 bucks........WOW....?

so, I'm looking at options at this point & any recommendations anyone may have

my coolant level is good in the radiator and I don't recall ever seeing much, if anything in that tank, so everything is running good & staying cool

options....recommendations for those that have replaced the OEM Part

I read the turkey baster mod by eddie, but the pics are too old to be displayed.....what else has anyone used successfully?

thank you kindly:thumbsup:

happyriding !!

??

• 1 year later...
Turkey and Baster don't do sh*&! all of the posts are to old to reveal any working pictures

? you dig up a year old post, find what worked then for search terms no longer does, then decide to trash talk your way into more help :banana:

OK..well folks around here tend to help those that help them selves. And ignore the whiners.. :banana:

Best of luck with your search :banana:

here is a pic of mine

IMG_1669.jpg

one tube runs from the radiator cap to the bottom of the baster. (the tube running behind the unibiker guards)

the overflow tube runs from the top of the baster to a suitable exit point down low on the bike.

nothing to it...... and easy to keep an eye on the coolant level.... it pumps a little into the baster when the engine is hot (in picture) then sucks the coolant back into the bike when cool leaving just a bit of coolant showing in the bottom of the baster.