Its not ready for the junk pile yet!

Where was that crack in the frame that you repaired? I had a hard time figuring it out from the close-ups, but it looked like it was by the transmission end of the engine.

Not to take this further off-topic, but I have the little brother Briggs version in 14ci. It is slowly getting built as a vintage-looking hipo minibike or kart engine. I just need to get a lathe and mill in my garage to finish building the parts.

Where was that crack in the frame that you repaired? I had a hard time figuring it out from the close-ups, but it looked like it was by the transmission end of the engine.

Not to take this further off-topic, but I have the little brother Briggs version in 14ci. It is slowly getting built as a vintage-looking hipo minibike or kart engine. I just need to get a lathe and mill in my garage to finish building the parts.

I think the crack was right where I had one as well. Just above where bracket for the kickstand attaches.

His welds sure look better than mine. Mine has been holding though.

• 3 weeks later...

Got in from the dunes yesterday...whew I'm beat. The 600 is just too heavy to be fun in the deep sand. In the desert or in the woods, it would be a different story. I got to spend some time on my friend's CRF450x and it was a much better bike for the sand. With a heavy heart I have decided to part with the thunder pig. If anyone is interested drop me a line. Remember that this is a bike WITH a title. I just can't justify having 3 XR's in the stable. I'll make a post for the bike in the for sale section with price and details. The bike ran great, and once I figured out the starting routine, it would start on the first kick.

• 2 weeks later...