'03 Steel frame gas tank

Searched and asked, and I think this is the senario?:

IMS 3.1 will fit just fine, but will need '03 YZ shrouds if I want a perfect fit, and stock shrouds if I want to modify them lightly. Seat will fit if I add a spacer and/or modify the key hole to fit, otherwise I need a YZ seat too.

Does that sound right? I want to order the tank, without surprises if possible.??

Krannie

For the 03-06 WR's I would highly recommend the Acerbis tank. The Acerbis tank does have a high profile by your balls but it isnt so close to the header with the right side bladder like the ims thank does. Also the Acerbis tank is a 3.3 gallon tank that holds closer to 3.47859 gallons (Read THIS). Lastly, your stock seat will work with the Acerbis tank with out modification.

Your stock shrouds wont fit because in 03-04 the WR had their own style but in 05-06 they took on the YZ shrouds so you will need new shrouds ? (either way you need new shrouds and those sick custom audio graphics you have on your X? )

Also when you go to run the fuel lines, I highly recommend going to the auto motive store and buying some automotive fuel lines (1/4") and a brass T (5/16"). This advice came from Clark the WR forum moderator and it was well worth it (HERE and HERE).

Here is a picture of the Acerbis tank installed on my 06:

P9060002.jpg

P2170027.jpg

PC030002.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
Krannie

For the 03-06 WR's I would highly recommend the Acerbis tank. The Acerbis tank does have a high profile by your balls but it isnt so close to the header with the right side bladder like the ims thank does. Also the Acerbis tank is a 3.3 gallon tank that holds closer to 3.47859 gallons (Read THIS). Lastly, your stock seat will work with the Acerbis tank with out modification.

Your stock shrouds wont fit because in 03-04 the WR had their own style but in 05-06 they took on the YZ shrouds so you will need new shrouds ? (either way you need new shrouds and those sick custom audio graphics you have on your X :bonk: )

Also when you go to run the fuel lines, I highly recommend going to the auto motive store and buying some automotive fuel lines (1/4") and a brass T (5/16"). This advice came from Clark the WR forum moderator and it was well worth it (HERE and HERE).

Here is a picture of the Acerbis tank installed on my 06:

P9060002.jpg

P2170027.jpg

PC030002.jpg

will the acerbis 3.3 gallon tank from an yz 450 2003 fit on my 04 wr 450 i have a guy that will trade me straight across thanks

get the safari trail 4.4 tank.

it rides like stock...has a more "stock" look...and fits with no additional parts, etc...

also, it provides extra protection to the rads.

i LOVE this tank.

339sw8h.jpg

• 4 months later...
Thread is old I know, anyone know if the TT store can get the safari 4.4 ?

Give the TT store a call - they'll let you know. As it says on the TT store main page:

"Have questions? Can't find what you need? Want to order by phone?

1.866.6.SHOP.TT"