Sign in to follow this  

06' CRF 450 R oil capacity

just p/u a 2006 crf 450 r yesterday want to change trans and crankcase fluid and filter before I ride. I do not have manual. Does anyone know how much oil goes in trans and how much goes in crankcase ?

Fill the engine side 3/4 on the site glass. On the clutch side, don't waste your time with the small bolt that your supposed to remove to set the level because the level is wrong. Honda screwed it up. Anyone out there who heres a strang noise on a cold startup that sounds like a sqealing bearing....thats the result of incorrect oil height. Unscrew the crank timing inspection cap and fill the oil to the bottom of that hole.

I never check the amount of oil in the trany or the engine. I just add a pre measured amount & call it good. 700cc in the engine when changing the filter & 600cc in the trany. Never had any probs.

I never check the amount of oil in the trany or the engine. I just add a pre measured amount & call it good. 700cc in the engine when changing the filter & 600cc in the trany. Never had any probs.

I do the same. These are the specified amounts in the OEM Service Manual. (Actually its 690cc and 590cc but whos counting)

I run 700cc in both sides. Easy to remember and slightly more oil in the tranny is a good thing.

3/4 up the window in the motor and 700-750 ml in the tranny depending on what I feel like doing that day. Put at least 700ml though. And just as important, the torque specs in the manual are to tight. The upper subframe bolts (both) stripped out on me and a fork pinch bolt snapped on me. My torque wrench is in spec too so its not that.

I always go 750 in the tranny and the specifed amount in the engine. As already stated the "weep hole" is usless so do not go by that. Change the oil often and enjoy the bike I love my 06:ride:

Oil? These things need oil? Dammit! you'd think with all threads on this board, SOMEONE would have started one on oil before this!? Crap!