new truck {pics}

i do want to do flomasters if i do anything

lol

thanks for the post guys :]

Ya flowmasters sound good, reason i said to have them dumped it will be ALOT cheaper. I had a flowmaster on my ranger and it was dumped before the rear axle it cost 85 bucks.

Nice truck. I want my next 4x4 to be a standard. Is the dodge standard tranny supposed to be stouter than their autos? I hear not so great things about thei autos.

ALSO, what are the pros/cons (for street and/or off road) of dumping the exhaust? I understand the cost savings.

thanks

Nice truck. I want my next 4x4 to be a standard. Is the dodge standard tranny supposed to be stouter than their autos? I hear not so great things about thei autos.

ALSO, what are the pros/cons (for street and/or off road) of dumping the exhaust? I understand the cost savings.

thanks

If its dumped underneath you dont have to worry about crunching it if you offroad. I just like the sound of it, its really loud since its bouncing off the road. My diesel is very loud with straight pipe and dumped towards the ground.

Nice Truck!? Get a leveling kit and you can run 35" tires without rubbing. This will also lessen the angle of the bed for easier bike loading. ( Last part is what I told my wife to justify the expense of new 35" meats and level kit).

Also an idea to get better performance with the exhaust don't forget intake and include a new intake system or at the least a better flowing filter.

thanks

The cons of an under-the-vehicle exhaust exit are corrosion and exhaust gas buildup (specifically CO) if you're idling or setting still alot.

Exhaust gases are corrosive, and will accelerate the paint failure and rotting of the undercarriage components.

The cons of an under-the-vehicle exhaust exit are corrosion and exhaust gas buildup (specifically CO) if you're idling or setting still alot.

Exhaust gases are corrosive, and will accelerate the paint failure and rotting of the undercarriage components.

Chickenhauler makes a good argument. If you want a cheap exhaust option, dump in front of the rear wheel rather than towards the ground. That way you can throw a shiny stainless tip on there for style points too. I did this on my Super Duty and it ran me ~$110 including the ~$75 cost of a stainless steel Magnaflow muffler.

Chickenhauler makes a good argument. If you want a cheap exhaust option, dump in front of the rear wheel rather than towards the ground. That way you can throw a shiny stainless tip on there for style points too. I did this on my Super Duty and it ran me ~$110 including the ~$75 cost of a stainless steel Magnaflow muffler.

Word of caution-it can (and most likely will) discolor or destroy the finish on aluminum wheels. The 97 F150 had the "dumped just in front of the tire" exhaust, and a few years later, Ford was installing new wheels and a full exhaust system on customers trucks due to the damage it was causing. The exhaust gases were literally eating the coating on the rims.

Nice Truck!? Get a leveling kit and you can run 35" tires without rubbing. This will also lessen the angle of the bed for easier bike loading. ( Last part is what I told my wife to justify the expense of new 35" meats and level kit).

Also an idea to get better performance with the exhaust don't forget intake and include a new intake system or at the least a better flowing filter.

lol good idea i like it :worthy: