2010 spy photo ?

Hopefully the 2010 will have EFI.... if they don't they will be the last manufacture to make the change.... kind of sad since Yamaha was the manufacture that revolutionized the modern day performance 4 stroke.

I think my next bike will be a smoker, but I have been lookin closely at the new RM-Z 450.... ?

If you are waiting on fuel injection from a performance standpoint you may be dissapointed. I have not ridden the Suzuki yet but the Honda was a weird power, down low and short, the Kawi was better but the power seemed weak on bottom and needed to be revved. EFI will be on all bikes soon as that is where the technology is headed but I am just fine with my Yamaha carb for now.

If you are waiting on fuel injection from a performance standpoint you may be dissapointed. I have not ridden the Suzuki yet but the Honda was a weird power, down low and short, the Kawi was better but the power seemed weak on bottom and needed to be revved. EFI will be on all bikes soon as that is where the technology is headed but I am just fine with my Yamaha carb for now.

A good example why you don't buy 1st Generation stuff. Wait till they fix all the bugs out then buy ...

Power curves are mostly controlled by the ignition map and valve event timing, and have little to do with EFI itself. Look how different the various year models of the YZ450 have been, all with carbs.

Power curves are mostly controlled by the ignition map and valve event timing, and have little to do with EFI itself. Look how different the various year models of the YZ450 have been, all with carbs.

How different were they?

I knew you were going to say that gray and I know a racer that has re-programed his Kawi with good results. The power is still, how can I say this, I guess uneventful. This may proove to be ok in the long run but like I said fuel injection is not a make or break deal for me. After riding these other bikes I would rather be on my Yamaha with a carb.

Hopefully the 2010 will have EFI.... if they don't they will be the last manufacture to make the change.... kind of sad since Yamaha was the manufacture that revolutionized the modern day performance 4 stroke.

I think my next bike will be a smoker, but I have been lookin closely at the new RM-Z 450.... ?

642MX...So have I... I've never owned another flavor and maybe its time to look on the dark side...:worthy:

642MX...So have I... I've never owned another flavor and maybe its time to look on the dark side...?

I think a lot of people are looking around at the different brands. I've had Kawasaki's and KTM's (even a Honda) before. The Yammy's been a good bike and I feel comfortable on it, and my plan was to buy a YZ250 smoker, but the RM-Z looks really good....

Hopefully Grayracer will still be my friend if I buy a Suzuki....? :worthy:

A good example why you don't buy 1st Generation stuff. Wait till they fix all the bugs out then buy ...

EFI has been on quads and streetbikes for years. There's no bugs to work out in it....Fuel injection is not new technology

EFI has been on quads and streetbikes for years. There's no bugs to work out in it....Fuel injection is not new technology

I agree to a point, but the MX bikes don't use batteries for the EFI. The quads & streetbikes do.... so it is somewhat different.

I think a lot of people are looking around at the different brands. I've had Kawasaki's and KTM's (even a Honda) before. The Yammy's been a good bike and I feel comfortable on it, and my plan was to buy a YZ250 smoker, but the RM-Z looks really good....

Hopefully Grayracer will still be my friend if I buy a Suzuki....? :worthy:

I've only owned Yami's due to that it was the only bike I could get comfortable on... But the weird thing is..I've never been able to go fast on it. It feels comfortable, but just not right. I wish I could figure it out. Maybe it's time to move around and find "the" bike???? who know's ?

I've only owned Yami's due to that it was the only bike I could get comfortable on... But the weird thing is..I've never been able to go fast on it. It feels comfortable, but just not right. I wish I could figure it out. Maybe it's time to move around and find "the" bike???? who know's ?

:worthy:

I dont know how you ride but do you think the key to be faster is only about the bike?