Sign in to follow this  

After adding 17.5 swingarm & 12'' rear, How do I raise the front!

bike was a 10 rear, swingarm was about 15.5 inches.

Now the front feels all low, have the rear shock adjusted all the way low, would like to keep the 12 front. also I preloaded the front fork springs with spacers inside, and the tops of forks are level with triple clamps.

any ideas?

Park it on a hill? :) New forks are about all I can think of, pitster had some nice prices on 07 (OK) and 08 (good) gpx forks, but they run pretty long so check first.

lets see some pictures of what you did to it

what rear end did you put on it

did you relocate and weld a bracket on for the shock mount?

Dude, you can't make a change like that without having to make major changes up front as well. Longer forks as has been suggested is your only option. If you're riding offroad, you should consider a 14" front wheel as well. Motard, then keep it 12.

Dude, you can't make a change like that without having to make major changes up front as well. Longer forks as has been suggested is your only option. If you're riding offroad, you should consider a 14" front wheel as well. Motard, then keep it 12.

exactly

Unfortunately, you opened a can of worms here. You did something that you basically should not have done. Your frame was designed for the size tires it came with. Suspension is a complicated science. You can't start farting around with it without understanding the way front and rear interact.

Unfortunately, you opened a can of worms here. You did something that you basically should not have done. Your frame was designed for the size tires it came with. Suspension is a complicated science. You can't start farting around with it without understanding the way front and rear interact.

???? but I read about people doing on here all the time, anyway I just ordered a 14 front.