YZ426F or NOT?

Hi guys

I am very new here and need some information.

I have just purchased a 02 YZ426F??????, but I cannot find any information regarding the "model & Year" code, to confirm I have a 02 YZ426F?

The code under the seat is 5BE.

Can anyone helps

Cheers

Gary

New Zealand

Hey a fellow KIWI and also owns a yz426,,welcome to the kiwi 426 club ..lol.. they are great bikes , mines had the 450 cam mod so no decomp lever ,where abouts in nz are you ???

Hey, I am in Dunedin.

I only purchased the bike as my 6 year old is into Motox and its a good way to have a bit of fun together. I used to ride some 25 years ago and what I have learnt very quickly is that you still ride as if you were 18, but it takes 10time longer to scrape yourself out of the dirt lol

I am more into collectable muscle cars, but since I have had the bike I haven't even looked at the cars, let alone drive them lol I am having too much fun, but I think need a knee brace or two lol I would enjoy it more if could get the bloody thing started lol They are NOT an easy bike to start!!!!

The 10th number is 2 = 02, and have confirmed from the local Yamaha shop that she is a YZ426F (Australia/New Zealand)

Cheers

Gary

Cheers

Gary