Sign in to follow this  

Ford F-150 Fx4

Since my jeep is going down hill I figured I should start looking for a new truck and I found a 2003 Ford F 150 Fx4 with 94000 miles on it and the 5.4 liter motor. I was wondering what the difference was between the standard 4x4 ford and the Fx4 package.

Oh incase your wondering what broke on my jeep,lets just I have a ratchet strap holding the transmition down so it dosent tear another hole into my radiator.

Thanks

Since my jeep is going down hill I figured I should start looking for a new truck and I found a 2003 Ford F 150 Fx4 with 94000 miles on it and the 5.4 liter motor. I was wondering what the difference was between the standard 4x4 ford and the Fx4 package.

Oh incase your wondering what broke on my jeep,lets just I have a ratchet strap holding the transmition down so it dosent tear another hole into my radiator.

Thanks

After seeing the crash test reports on them when I was shopping, I kept on searching.

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=7

The FX4 package includes: stickers, skid plate and a set of Rancho shocks. I wouldn't consider it a "premium" package. Your insurance man probably will, however.

I had a '99 model from '99 thru 2004. I put 240,000 miles on it before it "died" (had probems that cost more to fix than it was worth). I think '99 was a couple of years before they started calling them FX4's, but mine had the skidplates and remote oil filter and some other cool stuff.

Using that analogy -- you still have 140,000 left to go. Thats a complete lifetime for some trucks out there --- of course, as the saying goes, individual results can vary widely depending on maintenance and driving habits among other things

Technically, the FX4 package only includes skidplates. The "Rancho" shocks included in the package are the exact same shock as the stock F150 4x4 shock, just painted white and branded with Rancho stickers.

If you can, look for a Lariat truck rather than an FX4. You get more options and a cushier interior :lol:.

thanks for the input, I like fx4 look with the rims and such. I really like the fact that is its a short box regular cab, I deded not to buy it any way since it had a lean on it and apparently its difficult to buy trucks out of state. If i get a truck its going to be a short box regular cab for sure. Im pritty much just shopping right now... as long as the ratchet strap continues to hold my tranny in place on my jeep.