What De-Greaser/ Cleaner

be careful with the engine bright and some of the "degreaser" ones, some of them can sure screw up the aluminum and metals.....

I found this stuff called TOTALLY AWSOME from the Dollar store, so it cost $1, great stuff. I even started using it as a spot remover on clothes, great for that too. No harm to metals too.

What about Engine Brite degreaser??? Safe?

Not safe. I bought a can of that to clean up the motor in my truck. I went down to the local do it yourself car wash thinking it was ok since they filter and re-use the water. I ended up getting totally chewed out by the maintenance guy there because it isn't biodegradable. It works, just be careful where you use it and I would be hesitant to use it on aluminum like another poster said.

I know Costco sells (or at least sold) a biodegradable cleaner called "Oil Eater" and the stuff works awesome. We would use that at the machine shop I worked at and had great results with it.

?

Careful with the simple green around aluminum parts. Make sure they are cool before you apply it and then make sure you rinse it off really well, and then rinse it off again to make sure.

There is a reason the air force doesn't allow its use on planes.

Careful with the simple green around aluminum parts. Make sure they are cool before you apply it and then make sure you rinse it off really well, and then rinse it off again to make sure.

There is a reason the air force doesn't allow its use on planes

The components of Extreme Simple Green are all low-toxicity compounds and the product contains no “solvents”. This leads to an excellent worker’s safety environment. All of the components are biodegradable, so Extreme Simple Green won’t accumulate in the environment and rinse-waste can be handled by standard waste water treatment methods. Extreme Simple Green meets or exceeds current and reasonably anticipated VOC requirements. It also contains no Clean Air Act Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs), nor is it a RCRA hazardous waste in and of itself when disposed. Meets Boeing D6-17487P

So why doesnt the airforce use it?

Extreme Simple Green is a different product than Simple Green. It was formulated to address the Air Force's concerns

Ok so whats the difference between the two? I use the regular simple green, is it hurting my bike and should i switch?