Sign in to follow this  

Moded used VS newer stock

What do you guys prefer to have, an 02-06 that modified with all the parts that you like (steering stabilizer, rad guards, what ever)... Or would you rather have an 07-09 brand new (or slightly used) but have it stock because you don't have any money because we are in an economic downturn :worthy: Let me know what you think :lol:

Id rather buy a bike in good condition that is a few years old with all the goodies. There are great deals to be had out there right now. The money you save, you can easily do a rebuild and have a new motor.

Modded used, since they don't make brand new KX250's!

Although I wouldn't mind a brand new Husaberg FE450!!

It all depends. I'd take an older stock if I could, save even more money for the mods I want. The main thing if I'm buying used, is I want to make sure it hadn't been abused and was well maintained. It doesn't really matter to me if it's got $6K in mods or is showroom stock. If the price is right, but it doesn't look like they've changed the oil in 2 years, I'm walking, regardless.

I bought a modded used over new. It is a 2002 CR250R which hasn't really changed much from 02-07. It had been setup for enduro and suited me perfectly. Bike ws loaded with pipe guard, skid plate, suspension work, 03 cylinder for better porting, Tag Metals handlebars and oversize gas tank. Plus I got all the stock parts. All for a great price.