Sign in to follow this  

Calling all ford V10 owners!

What are you guys getting for gas millage, I am considering getting a 1999 f250 lariat extended cab with the V10. It has a 8 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift and 40 inch tires, the owner claims that it gets 14 mpg. I figure he is full of it but he said that he has gotten it re-geared, I had always heard they were gas hogs but I never really looked into it until now. I have heard from some people that say they get 14 or better but I just find that hard to believe. He also has the stock exhaust, I don't know if it has a chip though.

5.4 V8*

6.8 V10*

7.3 Diesel V8

6.0 Diesel V8

6.4 Diesel V8*

* denotes currently offered engines. 7.3 Turbo's were from 1994-2003, 6.0 from 2003-2007.

Oh and most V10 owners I know get 9-11 MPG, and you can expect much less due to the 40" meats, even with regearing.

11'' of lift and 40'' tires....your peter must be 4'' to drive that. Dump all of that and you will get more mpgs.

HAHA! Man that cracked me up! But it is so true.

My girlfriends 2006 F250 Super Duty, supercab, short bed, 4:10, 6.8L V-10 with automatic gets about 14 MPG. It has a 4 inch Tuff Country lift and 35x12.5 Toyo MTs. Full synthetics throughout.

I put a 3.5" Banks Monster exhaust and aFe stage 1 cold air intake intake on it. Which helped a little bit.

* She is not a speed demon though so results may vary......

Our 2000 V10 crew cab 4x4 3.73 rear end with 33" all terrains, no lift got 10-11 city, 14 freeway.

I don't really want anything that big but it is a good deal, so I figured I could always take the lift off. I wasnt even really looking for a truck but its such a good deal its hard to pass up. If it would get 14 I would be happy because thats about what my current truck gets.

And See-Are-Ef-Too-Thir-T-Ef just because you have inadequacy problems doesnt mean you need to be hatin on my thread :lol: Just joking man.

I call bs on the 14mpg number. When my truck was stock, I only got 13mpg right off the showroom floor (it's a 2000).

Now I have 37" tires on it and have consistently gotten 8mpg for the past few years. I'm sure a tune up might bump that up a little but not into the double digits.

I've got a 1999 f250 V10 with a 6' lift and 35's. I put on a K&N cone type filter on the stock intake tube and a magnaflow 3" straight through muffler and get 14 on the highway all day long. Around town I average 10-11 mpg and towing my 28ft toy hauler I get 8 mpg and it doesn't matter if I'm going up hill, down hill, 55 mph or 70mph.

It's going to average about 11-12 mpg. I have a 2005 v10 crew cab long bed. I imagine truck configuration might pay a role as well. My config is heavier than a single cab short bed. I guess 14 is doable driving 55 on the freeway but that's not realistic. Everyone usually has to drive city so you're not going to average 14. If it doesn't have stock tires it's going to be difficult to find the actual mpg due to the speedometer being off unless you use a gps.

My 2000 used to get about 14 stock. After 6" lift and 35's it would get about 11

It's going to average about 11-12 mpg. I have a 2005 v10 crew cab long bed. I imagine truck configuration might pay a role as well. My config is heavier than a single cab short bed. I guess 14 is doable driving 55 on the freeway but that's not realistic. Everyone usually has to drive city so you're not going to average 14. If it doesn't have stock tires it's going to be difficult to find the actual mpg due to the speedometer being off unless you use a gps.

You don't need a gps to calculate mileage you just need to increase the distance an equal percentage when calculating mpg. With larger tires you are actually traveling further than the odometer says so the mpg is scewed in a negative way.

I will calculate the actual mpg in the next couple days and post back her results.

City driving what's that? :lol:

I have an '02 Supercab V10 with 35in BFGs. The best it ever got with stock tires is 14mpg. The funny thing is, it gets 10-11 mpg pulling a 8500lb trailer.

Don't listen to all those comments about penis size. You will actual gain size with those 40s. I think everyone could use a few more inches.

Best I've ever seen is 12 on the highway, with the shell on at about 70mph. Bone stock, but of course it's a dually.

108-1.jpg

2000 2wd CC SD, 4.30 rear end. My last hand calc was 12.4 of mostly freeway driving. K&N full intake, Gibson Cat Back system and a snug top bed cover. My best ever was in 2001 driving across Illinois with my cruise locked at 55 I got 16.3. But remember this was NO city driving. I couldn't believe it so I did it on the return trip and got 16.1. I keep my speeds almost always under 70 on the freeway. The 99's were down about 25 horsepower compared to the 2000 and about 50 compared to the 3 valve head 05's

What are you guys getting for gas millage, I am considering getting a 1999 f250 lariat extended cab with the V10. It has a 8 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift and 40 inch tires, the owner claims that it gets 14 mpg. I figure he is full of it but he said that he has gotten it re-geared, I had always heard they were gas hogs but I never really looked into it until now. I have heard from some people that say they get 14 or better but I just find that hard to believe. He also has the stock exhaust, I don't know if it has a chip though.

14 is believable, if unladen, cruising at a reasonable speed on the highway for extended periods in stock trim.

Lifted, overall average MPG? 10-ish.