Sign in to follow this  

Kickstands, Promoto Billet or Trailtech?

Have searched and found people seem to like both. Few posts people say the Promoto Billet is nicer, but a bit more money. Nobody really says why it is nicer. So what is nicer about the Promoto Billet kickstand over the Trailtech kickstand? Tucks up better? No spring on the out side?

Have searched and found people seem to like both. Few posts people say the Promoto Billet is nicer, but a bit more money. Nobody really says why it is nicer. So what is nicer about the Promoto Billet kickstand over the Trailtech kickstand? Tucks up better? No spring on the out side?

That about covers it. I've had both and the PMB is nicer.

The only issue with the TrailTech is if the spring breaks (and I had 2 of them break) is the stand flops down and could cause a serious crash. Which is exactly what happened to me. I had a spring break and luckily my buddy behind me got my attention before the I left the ground. I made a strap like the KTM's have to hold it up.

Never had any issues with the PMB at all.

On the plus side TT has excellent customer service and sent me replacement springs for free.

PMB is better quality but I have a Trailtech. PMB irritated the hell out of me when I tried to by a rack directly from them, so I bought my kickstand from someone else...