Pics of your fork mounted chainsaw carrier?

Sorry I can't help, but I carry my chainsaw in a back pack. Several on here have seen it, maybe even have photos of it. Works great and provides for a pretty even balance when riding. I carry a husqvarna rancher w/24" bar unless I know I'm just clearing small stuff. Then it's a cheapo poulan w/14"bar. It's much lighter but can't cut near what the husky can do; the big windfall trees that are 2' in diameter and way to long to get around or over. (Most that big fall across a side hill trail and in some cases high enough up to drag a bike under!!)

Chad-

Bill Dart has made several posts about his front rack. Do a search over at KTMTalk for chainsaw rack. ORBABill is his screen name.

I think the front rack is the way to go, but my little Stihl 192 fits just fine in a backpack and I can ride all day without much fatigue. It is the taking of the backpack on and off all day that becomes a drag. However, anything larger than an arborist saw and the rack is definitely the way to go.

If you send me a PM I can send photo's of a KTM w/ saw mounted.

The mounts are very nice!!!!

This is from our trailboss.

Here's the email address of Jerry Lund, the guy who makes the chainsaw

brackets for KTM dirtbikes. I have spent at least 25 hours using mine and

I absolutely LOVE the thing. It works SO slick. He claims that he is now

black anodizing the brackets. I have no clue how much we wants for them as

I had gotten an older version that he and I both knew I had to seriously

modify. It was pretty darn easy for me to adapt his bracket to my Yamaha.

It was much more difficult to adapt it to my chainsaw (Stihl MS250).

Jerry's bracket is designed for a Stihl MS 180. I would think that there

are several Stihl saws of that physical size now (MS 210, MS230) but I

can't tell just by going to their website.

"Jerry Lund" <jklund@usfamily.net>

Pretend I'm a complete idiot, humor me for a minute and tell me why you guys are carrying chain saws. You guys axe men?

Seriously, I'm curious.

Here in idaho, most mountain trails are snowed in all winter and spring. By the time the snow melts, there are typically between 1 and 20 fallen trees per mile blocking the trail. Even where it is possible to go around them, this is usually a bad idea for sustainability, and in many places it is simply not possible for the majority of riders to go around or over these trees.

We are talking about 1000's of miles of trails here, so there is no way the wonderful caring government can take care of clearing all the trails (although Idaho parks and recreation does use our registration money to pay several 2-man crews to do trailwork and clearing each year), so there is a small army of dedicated volunteers that packs saws and clears trails each year so that hikers, cyclists, equestrians and motorcyclists can safely and sustainable enjoy the woods.

I didn't get my saw rack set up until mid-summer last year, and I still cut around 100 or so downed trees by myself. We also had some club rides where we had 2-3 saws and could trade off and we cut many 100's more on those rides.

If you want to fly to idaho this june or july, you can come with us and help.?

• Like 2