screws coming out of my foot

So I thought I would share the joy of getting 4 scerws out of my foot from my crash at Willow Springs here in CA. My motor seized in turn 9. I high sided and broke my foot in 8 places. One bone was crushed to dust and they had to put in a bone graft. Then the 4 screws kept it all together. I was in a cast for 9 weeks. I have been out of the cast for about 2 weeks now. I still can't walk on it for a few more weeks. My foot wont bend much and I can't move my big toe yet. That's the whole story to date. It totally sucked getting the screws out and hurt like *&^#.

1 of 4

2 of 4

this may be a stupid question but does it hurt a lot?

Yes. It hurt. They did not give me anything for the pain. You just have to take it and be done with it. I can say I don't want to go through this again.

My foot looks a lot better once I was able to soak it for an hour and get all that dead skin off. I can't really move my big toe yet, but I keep trying. I can move my ankle a little more now. I still have a long way to go, but I'm working on it each day. I can try to walk in 2 more weeks. I look forward to it, but I know it's going to be painful.

Thanks for all the well wishes. They help to keep me positive.

Here is my foot two weeks after that video was taken. The lines are from a Compression bandage I had just taken off. Thank goodness for nail polish that can cover that black nail of mine. LOL My foot does gets darker when it's down and the blood rushes to it.

DSC04186.jpg

Yes. It hurt. They did not give me anything for the pain. You just have to take it and be done with it. I can say I don't want to go through this again. etc...

[/img]

Hey, that's starting to look like you could stick that foot in a boot and go ridin! :worthy:

Best of luck in your recovery...?

Yes. It hurt. They did not give me anything for the pain. You just have to take it and be done with it. I can say I don't want to go through this again.

My foot looks a lot better once I was able to soak it for an hour and get all that dead skin off. I can't really move my big toe yet, but I keep trying. I can move my ankle a little more now. I still have a long way to go, but I'm working on it each day. I can try to walk in 2 more weeks. I look forward to it, but I know it's going to be painful.

Thanks for all the well wishes. They help to keep me positive.

Here is my foot two weeks after that video was taken. The lines are from a Compression bandage I had just taken off. Thank goodness for nail polish that can cover that black nail of mine. LOL My foot does gets darker when it's down and the blood rushes to it.

DSC04186.jpg

Ouch! Wonder why they didn't give you anything for the pain? Anyways good luck and speedy recovery.

hahaha, thanks for the laugh man! Really sorry to hear about your crash, trust me, i know how bad they suck. But i find it so funny how you and your husband are making smalltalk with the doc as if you're sipping tea at starbucks meanwhile he's winding screws out of your mangled foot. LMFAO..... hope your back on the bike asap!