kick start question

On my old 2006 ttr 125 i just did a couple free mods, washer mod, air box mod, and the bike feels like shiet. I know i gotta re-jet but the problem is that the kick start is extremely easy to kick back. Is it a compression issue? is the kickstart loose? i can move the kick start all the way back with my hand. it shouldn't be that lose. Any ideas of what it could be before i spend big money getting it fixed??

does it still start, did you do a valve adjust, if it starts how does it run.

P.S if 06 is old then my bikes are ancient!

it was my first bike and it was horribly maintained. it LOOKS old. it starts perfect with the electric start. Its lean WAYYY lean, but i can fix that. Only thing bugging me is the kick start, i dont know if its the compression or whatt.

Only adjusted the valves once. After the 10 hour service? i think i should do that. THEN see whats up.

I've always been able to pull/push the kick starter down by hand on our TTR, even with the high comp... and it is noticeably easier when the valves don't seal - absolutely no resistance.

Pull the plug out and see if you notice the difference when you are doing it by hand.

-Kerry

On my old 2006 ttr 125 i just did a couple free mods, washer mod, air box mod, and the bike feels like shiet. I know i gotta re-jet but the problem is that the kick start is extremely easy to kick back. Is it a compression issue? is the kickstart loose? i can move the kick start all the way back with my hand. it shouldn't be that lose. Any ideas of what it could be before i spend big money getting it fixed??

Your TTR has an auto-decomp, so it's supposed to be easy to kick. Can you start it with the kicker? Actually, who cares, you have an e-start.

JayC