Sign in to follow this  

Research on Pitbikes. Need info

A couple of friends and I are looking to do some backyard pit biking. We are all about 180 lbs. or less with gear on. We are in between Pitster pro X4r or KTM 65. I am leaning towards the 65 for maintenance reasons as well as prices and liquid cooled. Any suggestions. Please lay on me any facts and suggestions you all have.:lol:

the OGM sx160 bike is 1599.99 shipped right now from us and is the same bike as the x4r. I would suggest not going with the 65 because it isn.t really a pitbike. Plus there are so many options for the ogm,pitster ssr etc for parts, motor kits etc.

those 65's need to be revved to the moon to make power. Not much fun on a pitbike track or for a full size rider. The KTM's will need lots of suspension changes to support a full size rider.

Go with the Pitster, or the OGM that Jeremiah suggested. I have the OGM and it is awesome. I weigh over 200 lb. and it does great for me.

im 200lbs and a kx65 has enough power to put me on my butt but its wayy too pipey to ride a track fast on. my 140cc OGM hauls me around really well too and the trackable power is way fun.

i would go four stroke. plus, if you get something like a pitster you will get suspension that is better suited for a larger rider. and the bike is also a bit larger overall so you will be more comfortable on it.

Just asking, but why not the newer Pitster LXR series? I think you can get it with several different wheel sizes.

Just asking, but why not the newer Pitster LXR series? I think you can get it with several different wheel sizes.

darn good suggestion

My packing is probably all blown out, but mine is loud as hell. Not 450 loud, but i love the sound it makes and it pisses my neighbors off. My buddy has a 65 and its not any quieter, and its more annoying.

Hands down for the X4R for a 180 lb rider. The KTM's gonna take a lot of $ to make it comparable to the X4. The KTM Suspension is designed for a lightweight kid. The 2-stroke engine will require you to keep it in the revs and has a very narrow torque range. It has no low end grunt at all, especially for a 180 lb rider. It's made to ride WOT and will be a handful on hills. Keep it in the revs or bog and die.

I agree with the others. The Pitster is set up for an adult so you don't have to modify anything. Just put it together and follow the normal setup procedure everyone here recommends (basically loctite everything, change the oil and heatcycle the engine and break it in) and you are good to go.

My little bros DRZ 110 has a 143 super kit + R or whatever those kits are called. He has a two bros pipe on it. It sounds like my 450 which has the FMF 4.1 on it. Its really fast.

With stock 110s, i feel they don't have enough power. I stay in 2nd gear on stock 110s all day.

Go with Pitster or OGM. They already have top notch suspension and a good enough motor to haul you around.