Sign in to follow this  

TTR 125 to Crf 250x

Hi,

I was wondering since my TTR 125 isn't really giving as much power and snap as i want it to and on every jump it usually bottoms out and its getting annoying. So would the CRF 250x be good bike for me? Im 14 years old im about 5'8" and about 120 lbs.

Go for it!

My wife just stepped up from a fully modded TTR125LE (all the BBR mods w/yz forks) to a 250X and she is in heaven!

Worlds of difference. You'll be amazed. :lol:

I would suggest buying a used 125 2 stroke. They are cheap, and pretty easy to work on. Also, they will make you a much better rider. Not to mention they are just a blast to ride. I currently have a 2002 YZ125 and I absolutely love it. It is one of the fastest 125's and would be perfect for your weight. The stock fork a rear springs will not be to stiff for you all though you will need to adjust the clickers and rear spring. I am 165 pounds and ride with the stock suspension with no problems (sometimes I bottom out bigger landings but you are supposed to bottom out every once in a while - it lets you know that you are using all of your suspension). Anyway, buy a 125, any 125 and you will love it!!

im 13 years old, and i have had my 250x for about 1 1/2 years. i had a crf150f and moved to the 250. so i pretty much had the same problem as you. but i love my 250 now. so i say to go for it.

I would suggest buying a used 125 2 stroke. They are cheap, and pretty easy to work on. Also, they will make you a much better rider. Not to mention they are just a blast to ride. I currently have a 2002 YZ125 and I absolutely love it. It is one of the fastest 125's and would be perfect for your weight. The stock fork a rear springs will not be to stiff for you all though you will need to adjust the clickers and rear spring. I am 165 pounds and ride with the stock suspension with no problems (sometimes I bottom out bigger landings but you are supposed to bottom out every once in a while - it lets you know that you are using all of your suspension). Anyway, buy a 125, any 125 and you will love it!!

Except i don't like to mix the gas all the time and i don't really like how its a off on switch kinda for the throttle and its power band. My brother has a ktm 200 two stroke but he says he has to be moving all the time or else it will die and he says on the tough single track it bogs really low and dies when a 250x wouldn't have the same problem but thanks anyways everyone.

Well if you like 4 strokes more and have the money, then the 250x would be a great bike because it's a little more reliable than the mx version and has close to the same amount of power.

Well if you like 4 strokes more and have the money, then the 250x would be a great bike because it's a little more reliable than the mx version and has close to the same amount of power.

Why do people keep saying the x is more reliable than the mx version? If you used the R and X for the same exact purpose there probably wouldn't be any difference in reliability. Sorry, I'm not attacking you, I just hear that statement all the time and in my opinion it's just not true. If I'm wrong please show me. Also, there is a pretty significant power difference between the R and X

In response to the original post....My wife has a DRZ 125 with some mods, and well lets just say the 250x would be a huge upgrade. You'll love it!

Why do people keep saying the x is more reliable than the mx version? If you used the R and X for the same exact purpose there probably wouldn't be any difference in reliability. Sorry, I'm not attacking you, I just hear that statement all the time and in my opinion it's just not true. If I'm wrong please show me. Also, there is a pretty significant power difference between the R and X

In response to the original post....My wife has a DRZ 125 with some mods, and well lets just say the 250x would be a huge upgrade. You'll love it!

Well, the reason I say it's more reliable is because the 250x runs cooler because it's meant to putt around more, like on the trails. The 250r runs hotter and has hotter cams because it's meant for racing. If they were both used for racing, the x would most likely last longer, and if they were both used for trail riding the x would also last longer because it's more of a trail bike.