Gearing for High Desert, Jeep roads to rocky tight single track??

What would be the best all around gearing for a 2005 YZF450. I was running 15/50. on the jeep roads it was way to slow. not knowing much about gearing i dropped the rear to a 46. 15/46 is awesome on the jeep roads but not so good on single track. I do not know anything about the flywheel weight. and from reading on here it has a big deal with gearing. So what do you think??

What would be the best all around gearing for a 2005 YZF450. I was running 15/50. on the jeep roads it was way to slow. not knowing much about gearing i dropped the rear to a 46. 15/46 is awesome on the jeep roads but not so good on single track. I do not know anything about the flywheel weight. and from reading on here it has a big deal with gearing. So what do you think??

do a flywheel first and go from there. Yz's usually will not have the best of both worlds, fast on straights, and slow on single track, because of the tranny setup. The flywheel weight will let you lug the motor more without stalling, so then you could gear for somewhat of a happy medium.

the 12 will work great for trails and desert, some people have even found 16 oz ones. If you use the search function you can find numerous threads on peoples experiences with fw weights. I have heard of no down sides so far. Basically the heavier the flywheel wieght, the better the bike will gain traction and not stall.