Sign in to follow this  

How much for my forks and shock?

I was wondering how much I can get for my forks and shock off my 08 ktm 144sx with 10 hours. I'm thinking about getting the sxs suspension for $3600.

Go to ktmtalk in the "Parts for sale" sub-forum and you'll get a pretty good idea of market price.

Don't have high expectations, times are tough and everything is going for at least 30-40% off even on expensive components

I have seen low hours bikes parted out for pretty cheap.

KTM SXS stuff is not drastically different from the stock

You could get your OEM revalved for $1000 and it would be better than stock SXS that need to be set up anyway

Check out last issue of MXA, they tested a MX TECH reworked stock shock and liked it even better than the Ohlins!!!

But if you're willing to spend around $ 3,500, then why don't you consider a full Ohlins set up?

I got the TTX shock and cartridges kit should be installed this weekend.

If you intend to keep your bike and transfer it to your next, it's an option that you may consider.

I too would go ohlins over the SXS stuff, then again i dont see anytihng wrong with the stock stuff if the right tuner sets it up for you.

Mike

If you can find a good suspension tuner You will be amazed at what the stock stuff can do with minor work. But finding one to work there magic on a ktm is tough. Just a thought. Oh you can prob get $500 for the forks and $400 for the shock if you don't mind sitting on them. I would buy them if I had the money.:lol: