East Coast Wheel issues

Latest is the same.

I've talked to them probably 3 times this week and each time the wheels will be going out in 2 days. So either there are 6 wheels in the mail or I'm still getting the same BS. Said they would be working on them all weekend and I'll get a call. So, if they don't get shipped out Tuesday, I'll start demanding a refund. I've already said either they need to be shipped or I need a refund, but now I guess I have to start pushing the issue.

I hate $h!t like this, such pain in the butt.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to sound like a broken record but....

Cut your losses, demand a refund now. Buy the wheels elsewhere. ECW does not sell anything that you can't get somewhere else with far less headaches.

Well, never got a call over the weekend as I figured. Been trying to get a call through to them today with no luck, only get the answering machine. Bad news is the message is no longer the lady (think it was Susan?), now it is Jeff on the message, wondering if she called it quits. So, I left on the machine that they need to have the wheels or a refund in the mail today.

Great, looks like I am gonna have a fun time, as if the last 6 weeks hasn't been fun enough.

Hopefully this thread will be read by other potential SM people.

What a pain...

I too was told they would be out this week and that all the staff was at Daytona Bike week. I called today and was unable to get even the machine. I, unfortunately, sent my hubs to them. I now am starting to get concerned. If you work there let your boss know this stuff is being said so we can get this stuff completed.

Sorry to hear that guys. Aaron, go through your credit card company, it will probably be quicker. Thats what I did. Ksut, sorry to hear you sent parts. I feel bad for you.

On a side note, I think I am going to start a Supermoto Parts Supplier Customer Service Review section on my own site. It will give people a place to review the places they get parts from. I definitely have to look into that.

On a side note, I think I am going to start a Supermoto Parts Supplier Customer Service Review section on my own site. It will give people a place to review the places they get parts from. I definitely have to look into that.

Well, set it up. It is up and running on my forums and can be found here: http://www.pcsupermoto.com/forum/index.php?fid=12

In order to post, users need to register on the forums, but anyone and everyone can view them.

If people want wheels and they like the stuff from www.radmfg.com, call the TT store. I guarantee you that you won't have to call or email daily. If we can't get the wheels to you within your timeframe, we'll tell you so. We don't have time to play cat/mouse with our customers. Waste of our time and theirs! It just doesn't have to be that hard.

We starting using them to build wheels after we liked what they did for one our project SM bikes... Honest people and their hubs are machined right here in the good ol' USA (Utah). ?

We also Talon and Excel...

I personally think that If you "hang out" on this site, then you should contribute back and shop here, help support each other.....I dunno, I think that's how it's supposed to work....Even for the sake of a couple bucks...:banghead:

I personally think that If you "hang out" on this site, then you should contribute back and shop here, help support each other.....I dunno, I think that's how it's supposed to work....Even for the sake of a couple bucks...?

Uh, yeah. But we aren't discussing my past purchases from the Thumpertalk store (which have been totally pain free). This thread is in regards to purchases from East Coast Wheels, good or bad.

Uh, yeah. But we aren't discussing my past purchases from the Thumpertalk store (which have been totally pain free). This thread is in regards to purchases from East Coast Wheels, good or bad.

Actually, "you should" be discussing your past purchases from TT......being totally "pain free"....... why go elsewhere ?....particularly to a place that has "the worst reputation" on the internet.....I mean the worst (not to say it's warranted or not, just pointing out the facts) Sorry, but I don't have sympathy for anyone who takes their business elsewhere after having a good experinece here, specially with a company with a known bad rep....then getting dissappointed, feeling ripped off and using this site to complain and ask peoples opinion after the fact.....?

If it were me... I'd beg TT for forgiveness and place your order with them....

Sorry, but I don't have sympathy for anyone who takes their business elsewhere after having a good experinece here, specially with a company with a known bad rep....then getting dissappointed, feeling ripped off and using this site to complain and ask peoples opinion after the fact.....?

If it were me... I'd beg TT for forgiveness and place your order with them....

There were 2 reasons for this thread. 1 was to get opinions and past experiences about ECW. The other was to post my current hassle with them to help people make an educated decision and NOT get into the same position. ei, maybe drive some business to thumpertalk??!?

I don't feel ripped off, I feel like I've made a bad decision. I did a little looking around and not enough research. Your opinion and point is valid, but your delivery could use some work. Like someone throwing a dog turd in someones face, you're gonna get anger back.

But, anyway, I'm not gonna argue with you anymore. Think this horse is dead......

Had you really looked around "the net" and were interested in wheels, you would have known about the troubles at ECW. Never dealt with them and never will just from the dozens and dozens of complaint threads I have read and at least that many more riders feeling screwed by the BS daily in and out with ECW, and not getting their wheels all the while having money taken out of their accounts.

So you made a bad decision and are now trying to rectify the sitch and resolve it. If you did not want dog doo throwing comments then you would have not even started a thread on the subject, you wanted attention and now some of it is negative, you opened up this can o worms now eat em.

Go beg for forgiveness and stop your whining to the public about your "decisions". Grow a pair and get it handled.

• 3 weeks later...

got my wheels back from ECW on Friday. there were a couple of dings but they looked pretty good. The brake rotor and relocation bracket were not in there and the sent them out on Friday. I have a tracking number on that and it is due in on Friday. I may have dodged a bullet. I will search this site more thouroughly next time.

got my wheels back from ECW on Friday. there were a couple of dings but they looked pretty good. The brake rotor and relocation bracket were not in there and the sent them out on Friday. I have a tracking number on that and it is due in on Friday. I may have dodged a bullet. I will search this site more thouroughly next time.

A couple of dings? Are those supposed to be brand new wheels? If so, you sir are much more forgiving than I. I would pitch a serious fit if I were you.

• 2 weeks later...
Never dealt with them and never will just from the dozens and dozens of complaint threads I have read

If someone had told all those people, "Ah, you're just going to open yourself up to negative attention. Don't even open that can of worms, you may have to eat 'em." Then you wouldn't have had dozens and dozens of complaint threads to read.

So I don't get it, you avoided the ECW trap from other threads, but you're slamming this guy for HIS thread. Make up your mind.

Aaron, had the same problem with ECW several years ago. You will get your wheels. You'll just have to wait for them.