Sign in to follow this  

East Coast Wheel issues

I've read the other posts about ECW and think I may have used a differant supplier, IF i had read them before I ordered with ECW.

I order a set of Excel rims with ECW hubs, laced up and tires mounted and balanced. Order was pre-paid because that's the way I prefer to do entertainment/fun/toy type stuff. The goods should have been here one week ago today. So, I started calling wed. the 18th to see where the wheels were at or status, was told I'd be called back. Long story short, I didn't get a call back and called several more times that week and left messages. Finally got through today, Tuesday, 24th right afterI hid my phone ID. Before that I just got the anserwing machine. Thought that was a little suspicious. Was assured that in a couple days I would be called and the wheels will be shipped out.

Just want some people's general take on past experiences. After reading some posts, I'm getting worried and angry that I may have went with the wrong company. At this point the only thing ECWs is guilty of is, the goods are late and bad customer relations (4 messages not returned).

Aaron

Oi vey... Just search the forums. I've seen your experience over and over and over on TT. I don't think they are cheats or anything, they just don't know how to manage the business in my experience. You'll likely get your stuff... eventually. Good luck...

Yep, I started to get a bad feeling after not getting calls returned and read some old posts. That's when I posted. Hoping you're right about them just not managing correctly, though I would enjoy seeing a box on the door step.

yikes, i was looking to order from them myself this week, but i don't want to risk missing the first race date in early april. any other suggestions for vendors?

Search the forums for their name. I started a thread here back about 2 years ago and have seen many others since. If you really want to see a lot about them, there are even more threads over on Supermotojunkie.com. Like Bryan said, I don't think Jeff is crooked, just very poor business person.

ECW still owes me spacers for my Talon Hubs. Had to ship wheel back 2x to get work asked for done. Specially a PITA too, Im in cali

I have some wheels being built as well and found that just recently I have not be able to get a hold of anyone and they wont' return my calls or my emails. They already have charged my card. If anyone knows what is going on with this I would appreciate it.

i hada similar issue several years back but if i rememberthere was a 17inch rim shortage then or something. They did great work but was really slow in getting parts out.

try rimsplus.net thats who i got my current SM wheels from for my WR450. they are a sponsor of the race team im with BARS RACING and they had great prices and fast shipping & very nice work.

if you had did a search on several forums you wouldnt have trusted them.

what i cant believe is they are still in business?

good luck i have heard of some people getting stiff armed for a year.

I don't think they are cheats or anything, they just don't know how to manage the business in my experience.

This is my personal experience from almost 2 years ago. I called ECW early one morning about getting some tires mounted and balance. They quoted me a great price and were ok with me bringing my own tires. I asked what their hours were and explained I would be up after work to drop the rims off. Right before I left work I called one more time. Then took the 45min drive only to find they had closed. Not a single person or vehicle there. :lol: I was so pissed. Thats just horrible business practice.

Wow, you guys are making me feel so good.... Kinda what I expected after I read the old posts.

Good news is I got a call from ECW on Friday afternoon that said they would be going out on Tuesday (closed Monday). So I'll cross my fingers and hope everything goes smooth from here.

If Sue is still the lady that answers the phone, God bless her. I bet she takes a lot of abuse from unhappy customers even though she's just the messenger. Jeff really needs to bone up on managing customer expectations. If you can't meet a timeline, don't take the order. It just delays the inevitable! It's better to turn away a customer one time because you can't meet their needs today than to burn the bridge for a lifetime.

Wow, you guys are making me feel so good.... Kinda what I expected after I read the old posts.

Good news is I got a call from ECW on Friday afternoon that said they would be going out on Tuesday (closed Monday). So I'll cross my fingers and hope everything goes smooth from here.

Hopefully it will go well for you, but lets just say lots of people have heard that exact line and still not got their parts for weeks and months. My suggestion, if you don't have a valid tracking number from him by Tuesday night, ask for your money back. I had to have my bank reverse the charges.

I did get an email and a call on Friday from ECW. They are at Daytona Bike Week and said they would have my rims out next week.

Sorry, can't help it but:lol: :p

I ordered my last set of wheels from east coast, it was a complete SM kit in fact. I figured a kit would be the way to go because I have delt with them in the past and had the same issues as described. I also gave myself extra time when ordering and in the end, I had most of my stuff within the time frame I gave myself..though not even close to what they told me.

Like mentioned above, I don't think Jeff is the type to screw anyone, he just needs to be more upfront with his customers.

I was very agressive with phone calls and emails, every day, sometimes twice a day. Give him a date to deliver the parts by and demand a refund if not..when he studders on the phone, you'll know you have his attention:thumbsup:

If people want wheels and they like the stuff from www.radmfg.com, call the TT store. I guarantee you that you won't have to call or email daily. If we can't get the wheels to you within your timeframe, we'll tell you so. We don't have time to play cat/mouse with our customers. Waste of our time and theirs! It just doesn't have to be that hard.

We starting using them to build wheels after we liked what they did for one our project SM bikes... Honest people and their hubs are machined right here in the good ol' USA (Utah). :p

We also Talon and Excel...

Sorry, can't help it but:lol: :p :

Yep. Called several times already today, left a message and I've emailed again, but nothing. I'd be laughing too if I didn't have money wrapped up in it. If I wasn't so far away, I'd have already been at their shop demanding money back. This is just stupid...

I've already called the TT store to see what kind of delivery and price they can do.

If people want wheels and they like the stuff from www.radmfg.com, call the TT store. I guarantee you that you won't have to call or email daily. If we can't get the wheels to you within your timeframe, we'll tell you so. We don't have time to play cat/mouse with our customers. Waste of our time and theirs! It just doesn't have to be that hard.

We starting using them to build wheels after we liked what they did for one our project SM bikes... Honest people and their hubs are machined right here in the good ol' USA (Utah). :p

We also Talon and Excel...

+1 for anyone considering using the TT Store. :ride: I have always had excellent service with the TT Store. :moon: