update with pic

hey guys after a long winter (with still more to go) i recently went through my 2001 rm125. it needed the bugs to get straightend out but as of right now the bike is sporting

Fresh Wiseco piston and ring

Ported head

Riflebored carb

New twinair filter

Fresh Renthal Sprockets

Fresh Renthal R3 chain

New ASV levers

New Moose fatbars and clamps

New grips

New brakepads

Acerbis Plastics

New Linkage bearings

and other odds and ends nuts and bolts

Bike also has a FMF SST pipe, shorty silencer, carbon fiber reeds, works connection framegaurds

Just wanted to post a pic and update on the bike...just getting antsy for the snow to melt! i gotta figure out a graphics kit too...

IMG00146.jpg

Looking good. What are you considering as far as graphics? Just a thought, but a yellow rear fender and some black Excel wheels with black PCed hubs would look sweet.

Nice!, I might have to try and snap up a 125 this fall for a winter project.

Looking good. What are you considering as far as graphics? Just a thought, but a yellow rear fender and some black Excel wheels with black PCed hubs would look sweet.

I agree the whole black fade to yellow look with black whlz and pc'ed hubs would look sick......great idea:banana:

How did you port the head on a 2 stroke?

i like all black plastics actually....but im in no rush to drop the money...the bike looked fine with the old graphics....i would like some black rear number plates (um yah pm me?) but last year i had just black vinyl cut outs. the back rim is getting pretty beat but im hoping it just makes it through the season...next year i plan on doing the black excel rims and some pc'ed hubs....moneys tight i just graduated school and with this economy i might have to wait around for a job(hopefully commercial refrigeration...i plan on keeping the bike for awhile..im 5'9'' 165 lbs and it suits me good...

as for the head porting or should i say jug?i dont know if you were being sarchastic or not but....

i used a variable speed dremel tool...yah im probably going to get flamed....but anyway...i went to the local hardware store and picked up some bits for the porting....actually...i dont even think u can call it a real "port" job it was more of a casting cleaning... on the intake runners i guess u can call i just went in medium speed setting with the dremel and took varrrrrrry small amounts out at a time following the shape of the runner...i didnt just go in and hog the thing out and hope for the best.... i tried to retain the same shape taking equal amounts out as best i could due to the fact that from the factory that shape of the runner made it run the best.... you do not i repeat do not want to polish and smooth the head on the intake side...ive read that this roughness helps mix and atomize the fuel and air? i could be wrong....but on the exhaust side i did the same...taking little amounts out and then smoothing it as best i could with sand paper...

i believe my work came out rather nicely...i didnt rush it and go nuts...

as for graphics...i would like rockstar graphics...anyone have pics of a 01 with these graphics? id love to see one...but who knows i cant decide

I thought you meant the head not the cylinder since they're no ports in the head, all you can do to the head is get the squish corrected.

ah alrighty...i wanted to mill the head but i dont run race gas im cheap

i used a variable speed dremel tool...yah im probably going to get flamed....but anyway...i went to the local hardware store and picked up some bits for the porting....actually...i dont even think u can call it a real "port" job it was more of a casting cleaning... on the intake runners i guess u can call i just went in medium speed setting with the dremel and took varrrrrrry small amounts out at a time following the shape of the runner...i didnt just go in and hog the thing out and hope for the best.... i tried to retain the same shape taking equal amounts out as best i could due to the fact that from the factory that shape of the runner made it run the best.... you do not i repeat do not want to polish and smooth the head on the intake side...ive read that this roughness helps mix and atomize the fuel and air? i could be wrong....but on the exhaust side i did the same...taking little amounts out and then smoothing it as best i could with sand paper...

i believe my work came out rather nicely...i didnt rush it and go nuts...

Nice looking ride. I did the same on my cylinder - just cleaned up the casting flash and smoothed things out. I guess it would be considered "mild" porting.