Sign in to follow this  

crf 250 flywheel recommendation

After the Frostbite some guys suggested a heavier flywheel would be the next step to making my crf250r more woods friendly (suspension revalve helped alot).

I noticed a variety of weights available. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

After the Frostbite some guys suggested a heavier flywheel would be the next step to making my crf250r more woods friendly (suspension revalve helped alot).

I noticed a variety of weights available. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

I'd try +2 to +4oz any more takes too much snap away. If you want a tractor try +8 to +10oz.

+11 on a 250x. Didn't give up too much snap at all up in the lower gears, higher gears you may find your touching the clutch more to loft the wheel or to break traction if your not in the right gear.

On the R, which has less low end power (cam-pipe) I'd go lighter. +9 is what I'd buy. The R is already 3 oz lighter.

I also run a slow cam G2 throttle and a trials tire.

Don't try an X FW or a "lighting" FW on your R, the stronger magnets give the ignition fits.

I know it is a heck of a lot more money but Rekluse pro is your best option. I have a 2007 CRF250R that I ran at the frostbite. It is set up for tight woods and I promise you, you will not be disappointed with their clutch. If yours is anything like ours a flywheel weight won't be enough to get what you want [depending on how and where you ride]. There is 8 of us that have at least one CRF250R ranging from 04 to 08 with varying degrees of mods. Rekluse is the way.