Any good/bad years with the CRF?

Hi, I was just wondering if theres any pros/cons of the crf450 between years. I was thinking of getting off four wheels and onto two, and I found an 04 I could get a good deal on. good year? bad? also do you think that a 130-140 pound rider should be fine on this? It would be my first bike, but I am used to riding a 450 racing quad. thanks!

if you are used to a quad you are in for a hoot....a honda hoot!.....the bike is sick nasty compared to a quad

LOL yeah, I have a honda quad now, but with the CRF engines, It would pretty much be the same maintnece schedule right? sorry for all the noob questions

You do realize that moving from a quad to a bike you will need to buy a helmet right (a quad joke).:worthy:

Yeah, personally I would buy something that is an 05 or newer. Major changes occurred in the 05 model with smaller upgrades in subsequent years up to 08. In 09, as everbody knows, the bike is totally new.

Good luck :lol:

** As far as maintenance .... the more the better. Lots of good info in this forum. Welcome back to the world of 2 wheels !!

Ive got an 03 that I have been very pleased with. The 02 -04s are similar, I think, with maybe minor changes from year to year. They are heavier and don't turn as well as a newer model but coming off a quad you probably wont notice.

The biggest thing with a used bike is trying to determine proper maintenance and unnecessary mods.

If you find one with low hours, good maintenance that hasn't been revved out or ridden too hard you should be alright.

Yeah I just got an 03 about 2 weeks ago it was pretty clean. I have not ridden it yet. I aslo had an 02 450 7 years ago and got my first hole shot. it would be the same maintenence as your quad. I did ride it up and down my block and compared to my 250f it is arm jerking. I am sure you can handle it but for your weight I personally would get one of the 250f's.I currently ride a yami 250f and weigh 215 and have no promlems. I got the 450 cheap and giving my son the 250.

They are all good bikes just get the newest one you can afford. I have had 02 04 05 06. never had any issues with any of mine. The 06 is my favorite just by the way the engine works and improved handling.

They are all good bikes just get the newest one you can afford. I have had 02 04 05 06. never had any issues with any of mine. The 06 is my favorite just by the way the engine works and improved handling.

+1. Whatever you can score the best deal on/can afford..