Sign in to follow this  

Getting/Keeping Fit.....

Im am just about to graduate from Physical Therapy for my knee reconstruction. My therapist said she was going to give me a workout to stay fit. I have been doing 5 hour workouts,5 days a week for a month so I want to keep going forward.

I was surprised to see the program she gave me was Cross Fit . That name rang a bell so I searched here on TT and found quite a few people here really like it.

It looks to be a pretty extreme workout but if your serious about staying in shape it may be worth a look.

BTW...its free.

Man, 5 hours a day 5 days a week is intense!!!

Good luck with it! How long has it been since you've been able to ride anyway?

Man, 5 hours a day 5 days a week is intense!!!

Good luck with it! How long has it been since you've been able to ride anyway?

Yeah its been pretty good. Keep in mind I am trying to get back what I lost. I have been doing a lot of work similation stuff, cario and strength training.

The last time I rode was with you guys in Tennesee. Too long.....

Im am just about to graduate from Physical Therapy for my knee reconstruction. My therapist said she was going to give me a workout to stay fit. I have been doing 5 hour workouts,5 days a week for a month so I want to keep going forward.

HOOOOLY CRAP! Five hours a day?:lol::worthy: You da man.

I could do that......for about twenty minutes.

If you don't already do it, I'd suggest mountain biking for cardio. Lots more fun than indoor machines.

The last time I rode was with you guys in Tennesee. Too long.....

Man, that sucks!!! Bet you're eager to get back on the bike! Are you one of the guys getting a new Beta EVO? I remember you were just selling a sherco a while ago...

Man, that sucks!!! Bet you're eager to get back on the bike! Are you one of the guys getting a new Beta EVO? I remember you were just selling a sherco a while ago...
Sherco's gone Beta is on its way!:lol:

After my ACL reconstruction, my Doctor told me to "keep riding your Trials Motorcycle, but don't go Moto-cross riding with your leg hanging out there!!!"

:lol: And that was 30 years ago!

I love my Doctor! :worthy:

I've also learned that the Pogo Stick is an approved work-out for knee surgery patients, but the work-out is one of the most difficult ones. If you can do it and stay with it, it will be a BIG help with your Trials Riding!!

I have a Vurtego stick, but it kicks my butt.. I need to get in better shape by riding my bike and THEN work with the Pogo Stick..