Captain Jack's conditions

Does anyone know if captain jack's is rideable right now?

Also, what ever came of the public meeting discussing motorized use of captain jacks back around 7/2008?

Thanks!

Brad

we are going to go up that way Friday morning for a run. Unless you were planning on heading up there before that I will post more then.

The City Council decided to leave it designated as a motorized trail. I can't imagine that it will be very rideable right now. Usually its not really until April or May.

The City Council decided to leave it designated as a motorized trail. I can't imagine that it will be very rideable right now. Usually its not really until April or May.

Glad to hear. We rode Texas Creek last weekend and it was surprisingly clear back around 6061\6040. I was hoping Jack's would be clear, but since it's so shaded I'm afraid you're right.

we are going to go up that way Friday morning for a run. Unless you were planning on heading up there before that I will post more then.

That would be great. I was thinking about going up after lunch Friday. Might have to ride PPIR but if Jack's is clear there's no question where I'll be going. :lol: Thanks!

I've ridden there in early April when there was no snow, but the shaded areas were still frozen. I got stuck on a slippery hill and took about 15 minutes to walk the bike up. It was nasty. I'd wait a bit.

i will be at ppir on tuesday. i was going to do CJ but with a new rider going too i decided against it. im sure its still snow and ice thre now.

Sorry this is late. I was at the ERC today. The run this morning was good..the trail is in great shape. We did Upper Columbine to where it intersects with CPT jacks. Then came down jacks to High Drive. Probable less than a mile on Jacks proper. The shadey areas still have a good amount of snow and ice (1-4 inches) The sunny areas are in good shape , but there is still some ice hiding under the gravel. The ground is still frozen pretty solid. With all of that said would I go ride it? Hell yes. Although for those not familiar with my post from November about CPT Jacks, be careful with your vehicles. This is going to sound funny and any insurance guys are welcome to flame me on this but it is what I will do now. ...Don't leave anything valuable in your truck, and I would probably leave it unlocked. (Read: Problems at CPT jacks) It is cheaper to replace something like a cd that gets stolen than the window they will break getting to it. We were up there at 6am todayand I was still a little gun shy about parking my truck up there.

Sorry this is late. I was at the ERC today. The run this morning was good..the trail is in great shape. We did Upper Columbine to where it intersects with CPT jacks. Then came down jacks to High Drive. Probable less than a mile on Jacks proper. The shadey areas still have a good amount of snow and ice (1-4 inches) The sunny areas are in good shape , but there is still some ice hiding under the gravel. The ground is still frozen pretty solid. With all of that said would I go ride it? Hell yes. Although for those not familiar with my post from November about CPT Jacks, be careful with your vehicles. This is going to sound funny and any insurance guys are welcome to flame me on this but it is what I will do now. ...Don't leave anything valuable in your truck, and I would probably leave it unlocked. (Read: Problems at CPT jacks) It is cheaper to replace something like a cd that gets stolen than the window they will break getting to it. We were up there at 6am todayand I was still a little gun shy about parking my truck up there.

Cool thanks for the report. I read your other thread about the break-ins etc. That sucks. I prob will just start parking at my buddy's house nearby... take advantage of being plated :worthy: Thanks again for the report :lol: