Just when I was feelin' like a real wrencher...

So after re-jetting my bike, adding the edge tail, handguards, in-line fuel filter and adjusting my shocks I was starting to feel really confident.?

Today I thought, I'm gonna install the mcct that has been sitting in my shop. Cool. I managed to turn the piston to TDC by turning the left side crank thingie and lining up the T. So far so good. Next I got the acct off and the mcct on without moving the black box or the exhaust. I'm thinking, haha this wrenchin' ain't so hard! Started the bike up and started backing out the mcct...suddenly the garage starts getting smoky and I'm thinkin' ***! I cut off the bike and look around and you guessed it, I forgot to put the 2 caps on the crank and the TDC window! There was oil everywhere! I put the caps on and attempted to clean the floor and the bike up. I put some oil in her and everything seems good now. I guess I've still got a lot to learn, obviously! :worthy:

What would a post by me be without another question. When I refilled the bike with oil I put a bit too much in. It goes probably a few mm past the full on the dipstick. Can I go with this or do I need to drain a bit. If I must drain, should I drain from the bottom drain or the frame drain? Thanks!