Sign in to follow this  

where'd my oil go?!?!

this entire motor prolly has 7 hours on it. the first time i put gear oil in it to break it in it probably had an hour on it and the oil already looked like it was 5 rides old. the only thing i could think of is maybe its coming off the clutch because the past owner didnt take care of the bike. but even when i drained it, it didnt look like the entire amount that i put in it.

well i put 2 rides on it this time and i went to change the gear oil again and once again the oil looks really nasty but i barely got a quarter of a quart of oil out of it.

theres no signs of leaks, everything is torqued. so where the **** did the oil go? i tried tilting it and didnt get really much more out of it but a little tiny dribble of oil. any suggestions? its a 98cr250 with hot rods crank, wiseco piston, etc...

A good possibility would be the internal crank seal between the crankcase and the gearcase. I hear that if that seal is bad the engine will suck oil through there and burn it like premix. Does the bike seem to smoke excessively?