uk drz owners, any use the scorpion exhaust systems

got the go ahead from the long haired general (the wife) to get a pipe for the bike, looked at all the stuff available from the US but the import thing is putting me off, if i want a yoshi from the uk its gonna cost heeps, so what i wanted to know are there any uk owners using this system, the scorpion f series available in stainless steel with a stainless or titanium sleeved end can, does it fit well how does it sound does it stand up to the uk climate, good points bad points, here are the links

http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/Supermoto/search3.php?model=488#bot

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360131813452&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=023

ps, anyone in the uk got yoshi to sell me let me know

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really comes down to your getting what you pay for..

I've fitted them and ridden a DRZ with one on it. They sound ok, just like most other straight through pipes will. Not to loud and the inserts help..

The quality of the pipe work and fit are what let it down for me. I'm guessing its a lower grade of stainless than the yoshi cause the one I saw was pretty tarnished and looked in need of a good polish. The exhaust can is really big, about the same as standard, and it sitcks out a far bit and with a few DRZ's we had problems with them melting the standard number plate.

All in all, its not terrible. I would seriously consider at least looking at the LeVince X3, Arrow, Remus and FMF. Some only make end cans but FMF and I'm pretty sure Arrow make a header which will fit them all. Power wise there all going to be so close it won't matter, none of them will give you massive gains though.

Rich?

Here's a full Yoshi RS2 system with carbon fibre end can.

I know you prefer not to import from the US, but this what, 250 pounds sterling?...

its about £350 at the moment, and its asking for another £112 for estimated shipping, so thats £460, then when the british import tax get on too that'll be about £520 in all, or $738, not good importing things with the current exchange rate

its about £350 at the moment, and its asking for another £112 for estimated shipping, so thats £460, then when the british import tax get on too that'll be about £520 in all, or $738, not good importing things with the current exchange rate

Sorry, ol' china. Didn't know the state of the current exchange. :worthy:

FWIW, I've kept my exaust in stock form.

I like to be stealthy.?

My Suzuki dealer (N. Ireland) ordered me in and fitted a full Yoshi RS2 system for £465. For the extra £100ish I think it's worth it based on reviews I have read.

That price was from a dealer including fitting. I bet you could get it cheaper if you shopped around and haggled a bit.

get an fmf system, put one one mine and by god its loud.

:worthy:

PLEASE don't encourage him - I'm the poor sod who'll be following him!!!?

Gray - have you tried George W's in Swindon, mate? Just for a quote? Or noseyed about to find who is the UK distributor, as you may be able to haggle with them.....

Oh, and we MAY go to GWs tomorow, IF you're finished polishing it....:banghead:

I bought the F series Scorpion system for my DRZ.

Overall I'm very happy with it. My only gripe is that the little allen screws on the end cap went rusty, but that costs next to nothing to put right.

All the machined collars fitted pefectly and it was very easy to fit, took me about 20-30 mins.

IMO it was well worth the money.

On a side note, a friend of mine had the Arrow system and the header pipe went rusty within 3 weeks.