Can I put a 2005 exhaust header on a 2002 400EXC?

Will the later single exhaust header fit onto the earlier bike provided they are the same size and the earlier bike has the newer subframe/airbox, etc? I'm trying to make a 2002 400 look like a 2005. Thanks

My recolection is that you can but it is complete system! There is a difference in how they join up mid way

HT-racing.com made or makes a head pipe that updates just the head pipe and maintians the 02 system for hte rest of the way back.

I am often considered an old fuddy duddy on this but I always like the way the twin pipe ran better, much less decell poping

Will the later single exhaust header fit onto the earlier bike provided they are the same size and the earlier bike has the newer subframe/airbox, etc? I'm trying to make a 2002 400 look like a 2005. Thanks

I think your right Dave.

I think you'll need to update the flange where it connects to the head as well.

the old ones slipped over the flange, the new style slips in if I remember

My recolection is that you can but it is complete system! There is a difference in how they join up mid way

HT-racing.com made or makes a head pipe that updates just the head pipe and maintians the 02 system for hte rest of the way back.

I am often considered an old fuddy duddy on this but I always like the way the twin pipe ran better, much less decell poping

In my case, I don't necessarily dislike the two pipes, I just want it to visually look like the 2005 model, my favorite.