New guy from Omaha

I decided to get back into dirt bikes since it's a far less expensive hobby than cars. I picked up a 2002 CR250R about two weeks ago.

The bike came with a Vforce reed setup, higher rate springs and pro taper bars. I have added some protaper bar mounts, g2 throttle tube, pro grip grips, and replaced the clutch/throttle cables.

We had a break in the weather so I took it for a ride in the fields behind my neighborhood. Boy, this thing RIPS :worthy: It's actually pretty intimidating as it's my first smoker, and really my first bike with this much power.

Here's some pics after the cleanup (it's muddy out there!):

DSC_0012.resize.jpg

DSC_0013.resize.jpg

DSC_0014.resize.jpg

I need to swap those springs out ASAP because they are for a much heaver rider than myself, but other than that it has been running great!

I love this site, I look forward to meeting people and would love to hit the MX track or trails any time. :lol:

-Eric

nice clean ride man:worthy: . hopefully we will get some dry wind soon and dry this muddy mo fo up around here. im up in blair, looking to maybe take a trip out to Genoa soon. welcome back to the sport, there are quite a few guys on here from the omaha area. braaaaaappppp!

later

Nice looking bike Eric! Welcome to TT. Hope to see you out and about.

Nice bike!!!

Had some good weather around North Platte, been out the last 3 days getting ready for the season.

AND NICE CAR. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A STI!!!!!

Nice bike. This site is great. So much info

Welcome! Definitely keep an eye on this Midwest thread. We usually post "Omaha..." in our threads when trying to get a group together. Looking forward to getting out with you.

Are you familiar with River Valley OHV? It's the closest place to ride. Has some decent trails for spending a few hours down there. It's aka is "south Omaha Bridge." Just on the other side of the river in CB. Anyway, you need a sticker to ride there. It's cheap...$17/bike/year for all the riding you want. I recommend grabbing one of those stickers. I get mine at the WalMart in CB. You just need to have the VIN # paperwork and a photo ID. This ticket also makes you legal for all OHV parks in Iowa. There's a REAL good place (Bluff Creek) that, I think, we're hoping to get out to this year (maybe a couple times.) You'll need to have it for that place.

Again, looking forward to getting out there with you! Congrats on the bike. Looks real clean!

nice clean ride man:worthy: . hopefully we will get some dry wind soon and dry this muddy mo fo up around here. im up in blair, looking to maybe take a trip out to Genoa soon. welcome back to the sport, there are quite a few guys on here from the omaha area. braaaaaappppp!

later

Where the hell have you been? Haven't seen much posting from you. Was thinking maybe they stuck you on an ice breaker or some loran station somewhere.

hopefully we will get some dry wind soon....

Well...guess not! The moisture's good for the grass, but, otherwise, we're screwed (at least for a little while.) :lol:

Where the hell have you been? Haven't seen much posting from you. Was thinking maybe they stuck you on an ice breaker or some loran station somewhere.

nedirtbikr.. no, ive been around but busier than a four peckered billy goat during mating season!!:lol:

plus, i did quite a bit of damage to my bike down at the Bartlett enduro (my first one). both bikes are back in B-0 and ready to ride. just waitin on weather now! may have to try out the paddle in the mud behind the house this weekend.

leaving town end of April for a few months, so we will try to have to hook up with some of these other guys in the next few weeks. id like to get out to headworks and check it out:ride:

coastie, how was the enduro?

Good looking ride. Hope to see you riding somewhere.

Thanks for the warm welcome. :worthy:

I am certainly sore today... I haven't rode a dirt bike for about 5 years, it catches up with ya quickly. I need to get into better shape. :banghead:

nic_brestel: The STI is a great car, I love it! It goes quicker, stops and handles better than the vast majority of cars on the road... it even does it in all 4 seasons. :lol:

-Eric

Man, that makes me want to get a 2-stroker again

coastie, how was the enduro?

DRZmike, i messed up that last reply. I will PM you