here with cupholder, Tim Horton's drive-thru here I come:banana:

cupholder.jpg

Here's what was used for this install:

cupholdertools.jpg

You will also need:

1 - RAM Base with threaded stud 1/4-20 thread $11 USD

1 - Swivel cup holder $18.50 USD

1 - RAM medium arm $14 USD

1 - M10 - 1.25 x 15mm bolt (I paid $6 CDN for 2 bolts + 4 nuts)

I could only find 30mm bolts so I needed to use 2 nuts, one day I'll cut it down and use 1 nut for a cleaner look

Step 1 - secure bolt in a vise, use a hammer & punch and tap centre of bolt head. Drill centre of bolt head starting with 5/64" drill bit, move up through the bits and stop at around 11/64". Use have to drill about 7/8" deep in order to allow space for the 1/4 - 20 metal tap to give you full threads at the top of bolt 'cause the RAM base bolt is real short.

A drill press is the preferred method, I just used a cordless hand drill cause that's all I had set-up at the mo.

Step 2 - Tap the hole for 1/4 - 20, use cutting oil. Remember to back out every 1/4 turn. Clean up nuts and bolts with brake cleaner, add some threadlok (blue)

I'm no machinist, so if anybody in the know wants to improve on this, please chime in.

Enjoy,

Tony

PS. next project a change holder:ride:

Bicycle drink holder. Wal-Mart. Like 4 bucks. Used one of these forever.

I like your idea too though!!:lol:

t6.jpg

And yes that diet dew is frozen. Was 11 degrees when I got back from that ride.

Pauli

Bicycle drink holder. Wal-Mart. Like 4 bucks. Used one of these forever.

Now what kinda economic stimulus does $4 provide:p

Actually, I wanted a RAM mount for the versatility, ie. ipod, GPS, radar holder

Tony

shaken not stirred

hey chef how do those mirrors work just put a set on mine, but no ride time yet

shaken not stirred

hey chef how do those mirrors work

Well, Mr. Bond. They're made out of a reflective material...:lol: Joking, they work fine for me.

Anyone who can ride the DRZ far enough in one sitting to feel they need something to drink gets the nod from me. I stop every 50 miles or so for a break, something to drink, and to let the feeling come back in my uhhh........well you know. :lol:

Anyone who can ride the DRZ far enough in one sitting to feel they need something to drink gets the nod from me. I stop every 50 miles or so for a break, something to drink, and to let the feeling come back in my uhhh........well you know. :lol:

Yeah, I agree the DRZ is a "weapon of ass destruction". I just wanna have the choice of going through the drive-thru or going inside Tim Hortons. I guess you can call me crazy but most Tim Hortons in Canada treat the in-store patrons like trash. They'll have 5 people taking care of the drive-thru and maybe 1 for the in-store patrons. I've seen people get their drinks and donuts in the drive-thru, park their car, and go inside to sit at a table.

Yeah, I agree the DRZ is a "weapon of ass destruction". I just wanna have the choice of going through the drive-thru or going inside Tim Hortons. I guess you can call me crazy but most Tim Hortons in Canada treat the in-store patrons like trash. They'll have 5 people taking care of the drive-thru and maybe 1 for the in-store patrons. I've seen people get their drinks and donuts in the drive-thru, park their car, and go inside to sit at a table.

That's too funny, I just did that about an hour ago!

If I wanted a cup holder I'd buy a Gold Wing! Just giving ya crap! Nice work. I took my pack off my rear fender. It didnt offer much room to store things and I didnt want it on there all the time and frankly its pretty ugly. So I have a fanny pack that is big enough to hold a water bottle, lipstick, sunglasses and my phone. Here's a pic from yesterday you can see the pack on the bike. The great thing is I can take it off and carry it with me whenever I leave my bike. I adjusted the strap so it wraps around tightly and the helmet lock keeps it from sliding all the way back also.

IMG_1090.jpg

Over 16 tablespoons of sugar in a reg Mt. Dew. Gag! But there are times that it hits the spot:thumbsup: Never tried the diet.

Over 16 tablespoons of sugar in a reg Mt. Dew. Gag! But there are times that it hits the spot:thumbsup: Never tired the diet.

Tryin to watch my figure for the ladies. It's not working. :lol:

Really, Diet Dew?

Pauli you *ussy, diet?

Hey, how come that drink holder ain't polished?

Sun! Lipstick? Unless you're a woman, we have another thread you might want to consider joining :lol:

Sun! Lipstick? Unless you're a woman, we have another thread you might want to consider joining :lol:

you need to get out of that bonding thread & pay more attention :worthy:

you need to get out of that bonding thread & pay more attention :worthy:

lol :lol:

Pauli you *ussy, diet?

Hey, how come that drink holder ain't polished?

Yes, lipstick! No prune sac here!

Yes, lipstick! No prune sac here!

So, should I contact the administrator about all this copyright infringement? Is there a form I need to fill out or something? :lol: