Sign in to follow this  

125 Help

I am in need of a new bike and want a 125. My parents on the other hand, are only for a 250F bike. My parents only want a 250F because they think a two stroke is unreliable and a waste of money. I need some facts that would help me change their minds. Can you guys help me? BTW, I have ridden both types bikes and I want a two stroke more so it isn't like I haven't ridden them before.

Cheaper to maintain

Easier to maintain

Quieter in the long run

Less moving parts, less stuff to break.

Just tell them to look into what a good professional valve/head job costs on the four banger and then compare that to a top end (piston/rings etc.) for the smoker. That may pursuade their decision.

haha^^this is true. Valve job will run you upwards of $800.

Show them the price of parts in any catalog like Motosport, etc.

2 stroke top end $120(at the most)

4 stroke top end $500(the cheapest ive found)

I did my 125 top end once every 6 months or so.(I wasent very fast)

4 stroke valves last different times depending on what bike you have.

yamaha valves last a long time. Hondas....not so much.(from my experience)

plus a 125 will make you a better, more skilled rider . 4t's can make you lazy, although I've never ridden a 250f only 400/450f's. Sell them on the, a more skilled rider is a safer rider angle!

btw I am 46 yrs old and have ridden big bore 4t's and a gas gas 300 2t and just bought a used 02 husky wr 125 to test the small bore waters. Got one ride in last fall before the snow rolled in. I think this bike is going to be a real kick!! If you are a woods rider get the husky!!

I think everyone has hit on the biggest aspects of having a two VS. a four. Both are great bikes. Both are fun..

TT's are def.

-Cheaper

-Easier to maintain

-Easier to work on

-Will help to create good riding habits

-Lighter

If you are going to race, consider this. Top ends on the 4 strokes can cost 3-4 times (or more) as much as a top end rebuild on a TT..That's a dime or two. (Especially in todays economy) That's money you could be putting into racing/Riding your bike.. Just a thought :lol: