Sign in to follow this  

XCW hand guards/bark busters

I am a new 09 300 XCW owner. I recently tried to put a set of Moose bark busters on and the fit is terrible. The only place they will mount leaves them almost sticking straight down and that does my clutch handle and reservoir no good. Does anyone suggest a brand that they have had good luck with? KTM hard parts offers 3 or 4 different models , are these designed to fit around KTM components?

Thanx

Brian

I like the KTM-themed Probends, they come with the 'no interfere' mounts that leave space for the cables etc.

u6951381.jpg

I think the pic is old, ordered sets for 3 bikes and they all came with the 'no interfere' mounts.

I like the KTM-themed Probends, they come with the 'no interfere' mounts that leave space for the cables etc.

u6951381.jpg

I think the pic is old, ordered sets for 3 bikes and they all came with the 'no interfere' mounts.

Two thumbs up for these. I have a set on each bike and love them.

Cycra rebrand BTW.

The Moose bars I have don't have any specific name on the package or bars so i don't know if they are Contour. The are a few years old and aren't bike specific. They didn't fit my WR well either thats why i still had a new pair. Looks like e-bay material now.

+1 for the Cycra probends

Yep and use the solutions mount and it will protect your computer well.Also the big size guards will cover your levers better especially if you like the levers angled down quite a bit.:lol:

I am a new 09 300 XCW owner. I recently tried to put a set of Moose bark busters on and the fit is terrible. The only place they will mount leaves them almost sticking straight down and that does my clutch handle and reservoir no good. Does anyone suggest a brand that they have had good luck with? KTM hard parts offers 3 or 4 different models , are these designed to fit around KTM components?

Thanx

Brian

I just bought the OE KTM ones from the Hardparts catalog. I have not installed them as of yet. But it should be a perfect fit like all Hardparts gear has for me so far.

I have the cycra center reach mounts ('09 XC-W), no bending required.

I also praise those threaded steel bar inserts.

P2140059.jpg

P2140055.jpg

I run the Acerbis Ralley Pros with the KTM hardparts mounts and they fit great and work as they should. They can be run at almost any attitude. I'm sure the KTM mounts would work with the Moose handguards as well or most any brand for that matter.

I like the kind that mount to the bar clamp. They don't spin in a crash and protect better. I have the Fastways and have zero complaints. I use the Cycra plastics though because they are larger. I had to drill and tap a new set of holes for them, but I'm happy with it.

http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/22_63/products_id/103

I just installed a set of these. no more ends popping out.:p very easy install.

http://www.atekracing.com/product.sc?categoryId=2&productId=1

I don't really like the bar mount type, I have seen clamps crack from a crash.

These kind don't crack. They are billet aluminum and stronger than the stockers. My bike has endoed numerous times down cliffs with no damage to the guards or the clamp mount. These are the real deal. I have used others and these are the best I've ever had. I have zero complaints and I believe they have save my hands multiple times.

The bar end inserts you have look awesome. I'm wanting to get some. I have a couple friends that have them and they said they work well.

I have used EE and Cycra and I am currently buying a new set of cycra CRM b/c the EE guards plain olde SUCKETH !