Sign in to follow this  

Pipe Jetting 3x3

Can pipe be installed and 3x3 be done with out jetting ? heres my problem I think I can install the pipe and do 3x3 BUT I dont KNOW HOW TO JET THE CARB .I want to do the 3x3 and pipe then take bike to shop to get carb jetted thanks for any in put

Can pipe be installed and 3x3 be done with out jetting ? heres my problem I think I can install the pipe and do 3x3 BUT I dont KNOW HOW TO JET THE CARB .I want to do the 3x3 and pipe then take bike to shop to get carb jetted thanks for any in put

The bike is going to be seriously lean. If you can change the pipe, you can jet the carb. Start searching this forum to find the correct settings.

Jetting is easy, get the JD Jetting kit available at the TT store, and search for the Master 3X3 Mod thread, its been done to death, there's even links to youtube how-to step by step instructions. The hardest parts will be removing the carb and getting the float bowl screws out, but there's tons of info in this forum on how to do this and solve any other problem you may run into..

The short answer is no. You can find many how to's on jetting on TT and I think youtube as well.

I dont want to attempt to mess with the carb

Its super easy... but if you don't want to mess with it, then don't. Also, do not do the 3x3 and exhaust or your will have to.

i myself am a novice, and hesitated to touch the carb, however with a short pocket and lots of advice, and watching the youtube instructional about 15 times i tore into it, and all went well. thanks to everyone on this site

Re-jetting a BSR36 can be done without removing the carb from the bike. I've done mine numerous times and never once had carb off of bike.

Re-jetting a BSR36 can be done without removing the carb from the bike. I've done mine numerous times and never once had carb off of bike.

Is the easiest way to loosen the manifold clamps, remove the throttle cables, drain the float bowl and rotate the carb? I was thinking this might work the other day.

Is the easiest way to loosen the manifold clamps, remove the throttle cables, drain the float bowl and rotate the carb? I was thinking this might work the other day.

I loosen clamps, remove bolt from crankcase vent box on right side, no need to remove throttle cables, making vent box loose allows cables a little more room to rotate without removal. You may have to pull them along upper frame tube for a little slack just remember to push them back when you're done. Drain float bowl. I used various different screwdrivers to remove the stock screws. I had a hard time with only one but it just depends. That's why in JD jet kit you get allen head bolts. I use a ball end allen on mine now to remove if I have to get to main jet as I just did after installing SSW/MRD pipe and subsequent 165 Main jet. It just takes a little patience and the right tools. Good luck. James: up:

The carb is actually very easy, no kidding. If you can spin a screwdriver, then you can jet the carb. Very, very simple.