Sign in to follow this  

what bike is worth more?

2006 YZ125 or 2004 CRF250 ... both in good condition

I have the crf right now, and a guy wants to trade me for a YZ125... I wouldnt mind trying a 125 for a few months, but i dont think its something i would want to stay on because i will get eaten by my buddies on their 250F's... So i wouldnt mind being able to get about the same or more out of the 125 if i decide to sell it in a few months

2006 yz ftw it will most likely get you back what you payed becauae alot of people are goin back to 2 bangers ! i just moved back to 125s well actually a 125 and a 144 ..... and you probably wont get "eaten" alive by buddies on 250 fs if you ride the 125 hard ...... pinned !!!!!!

yz ftw +1

theres a 2006 yz near me, but we can't get it because we have no money...

yz125 2 stroke vs 250 4 stroke

id take the 2 stroke but idk 125 is kinda small too...

Make the switch dude, you won't regret it. I did the same thing, only with an 08 YZ250F to an 05 YZ125. Best thing I've ever done lol, and to be honest, I'm actually faster on the 125 (suits my riding style better), and not to mention the WAY better fun factor, cheaper/easier maintenance, and the sound and smell of the 2 stroke. What are you waiting for?

:lol:

simple, the one you WANT more.

They're only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

Well put :lol:

I'm going to go ahead and agree with everyone here. Get the YZ. I'm in the process of picking up an 05 YZ125 right now for $1500 if it all works out in my favor.

I'm not sure what one I want more yet, I love the 4t power but just want a different bike. Everyone on here says il be a better rider on a 125, and a few of my friends said get one because I am always revving the snot out of my 250f. I just don't know if I can adjust to the 125 power

I personally dont really like the feel of a 2 stroke I've rode my buddies YZ125 and I just prefered the 4 stroke dont know why just my personal preference

125 all the way!! If your reving the snoot out of that 4 broke your gonna be broke here soon!! I want a 125 myself!! I'm too heavy (200LBS) but I don't care.. I'll put a bigger sprocket on it.. You can rebuild it in minutes for dollars.

BB, you are going to HATE the125 after being on a 250 4t, and you know it lol!

why not go for a 250 two-stroke ? you wont regret it .

personally i would take a 125 two-stroke over a 250 4-stroke . escpecially when you going honda to yamaha :lol:

and a 450 four-stroke over a 250 two-stroke .

am i crazy ? maybe .

i just hate 250f's i rode one for about 2 minutes and then just wanted my 450 back . not saying i haven't gotten smoked on the track by a 250f , but it has to do with me sucking at riding .

yet to loose a hill climb drag race to one though .

as for price i think the two-stroke would be worth a little more , but not much .

I have rode 450's, but they are just too much power for me... I would rather be on a less powerful bike i can push hard on then an overly powerful bike i can only use half the power of. 250 2t was on my list of bikes i was looking at, but #1 i cant find any newer ones that look good and i can afford #2 im just not sure i can adapt to the 2t power band, i love the long pull of my 250F.

I'm not sure what one I want more yet, I love the 4t power but just want a different bike. Everyone on here says il be a better rider on a 125, and a few of my friends said get one because I am always revving the snot out of my 250f. I just don't know if I can adjust to the 125 power

You'll be faster on which ever bike you feel more comfortable with and have more seat time with. If you have the 4T dialed in and ride it fast, stick with it. Don't get something different just for the sake of getting something "different".

The vast majority of the time, if you buddy is faster than you, it's not because he's on a 2T or a 4T, it's because he's simply faster than you.

To each their own. I'm a 4 stroke guy, personally, but if you feel you'd be more comfortable on a 2 stroke, go for it.

haha well thats the thing, i have never really ridden a 2 stroke :lol: i rode a 250 2t in a parking lot, and an 09 150SX around a track a few times, but didnt really get on it cause the guy that owned it would have killed me :worthy: I feel really good on the 4t's... but just looking into 2t to get lower maintenance costs, and more power.