Sign in to follow this  

New style Works Connection skid plate for '09 CRF 450

We have been receiving a lot of calls for a skid plate that provides additional coverage for the waterpump and the ignition cover for the 2009 CRF 450...

They are in production right now and will be available 3/25/09.:lol:

The new skid plates are the same thickness as our standard style plates and are designed for MX use. We tried to make them as compact and lightweight as possible while still providing excellent coverage. They tuck in cleanly and blend in with the bike well.

We are currently accepting orders for the new Skid Plates and they will be available 3/25/09.

Click the link at the bottom of the post for additional pictures and ordering info.

Thanks.

...Eric

10-602.JPG

http://www.worksconnection.com/store/index.html?year_id=10047&orig_model_id=11&orig_man_id=2

Dang, that's a nice piece of aluminum. Wish you would have had that available when I bought all the other stuff for my 09.

The new skid plates are the same thickness as our standard style plates and are designed for MX use.

Does that mean they are not designed for trail use?

sigh......

I literally just bought one of the standard plates and it'll be here Friday.

My timing always stinks, lol.

It does look very nice though.

I guess that sucks for those of us who purchased the " older version"... Oh well

This new plate is an optional style. Some guys prefer to run our standard skid plate, some prefer our skid plate with our engine guard. There is no old style imo, just an option.

As far as this plate not being designed for 'trail use' no it wasn't designed for trail use...but, it is plenty strong! I just didn't want to confuse it with our 'offroad' Heavy duty skid plate that we make for the crf 450X and other offroad style bikes.

Our thought is that the '09 crf 450 is a full-on mx bike. Sure there will be guys who ride them offroad, but the main purpose of the bike imo is for MX.

We produced our skid plate and engine guard and then responded to what we read and heard about from our customers and are providing an option.

...Eric

people wonder why i buy works stuff at an added price.. its because of quality like that!!! i just bought my old style one a few days ago lol damn

Excellent - I've been waiting to buy one and wondering why no one (including Honda) thought the water pumpm didn't deserve any protection after all these years. That's the piece I'll be buying when its available!

i will deffinately be ordering one of those. especially since i already have a pretty big gash/dent in my frame rail. :lol:

Count me among the people who bought the one w/o the additional protection. I will be coveting the new one going forward.

WC certainly makes some good stuff. I have their glide plate/engine guards on my 06 450r. Judging by some of the "dings" in the plate it has already paid for itself several times over. I wish I was looking to get one for an 09, but it looks like I will be sticking with my 06 for another year.

:lol: The 09 CRF is an MX bike, but converted MX bikes make the best off-road weapons...

Very nice ... but I could never understand WC's obsession with using the tabs to lock the skidplate at the front VS extensions that fit into the threaded sections ALREADY in the frame rails (like other plates) .... maybe a patent thing??

Either way I like the newer design as it also protects the frame rails!:lol:

:lol: The 09 CRF is an MX bike, but converted MX bikes make the best off-road weapons...

I always rode two-stroke MX bikes for off-road. Of course, starting is a sinch with a two-stroke. I am not so sure I would want to wrestle the CRF in that respect. Although, a Rekluse clutch would help with that.

Looks like I'll have to convince my wife that we need another CRF. :worthy: Can't have to much of a good thing!

Could I bolt that onto my '05? I know it's designed for an '09, but is the frame that much different in that area? I wonder if I could make it fit.

Could I bolt that onto my '05? I know it's designed for an '09, but is the frame that much different in that area? I wonder if I could make it fit.

This plate will only fit the '09. The '09 Honda uses a completely new frame tubing and the bends of the frame are totally different than previous models.

...Eric

This plate will only fit the '09. The '09 Honda uses a completely new frame tubing and the bends of the frame are totally different than previous models.

The new frame is damn near art IMO.