Sign in to follow this  

Another nOOb FCR Jetting Question

Hey All, I am lucky enough to have had Eddie's shop install my new FCR 39 mx today. Very happy about that.

I've not been that mechanically inclined in the past, but have been doing a lot of work on my bike. I need to learn how to jet, as I'm going to be going on a trip. Now, when I search for jetting, there are tons of posts about proper jet settings. But not a lot about how to actually physically perform the task of locating the parts on the carb, accessing them, and switching them out.

I'm going to be needing to do 'on the road' jetting, and so I have a few questions. Sorry if these have been answered before, but I can't seem to find them in the search.

1. I have seen that you can access the jets without removing the carb. Is there a thread with detailed walkthrough instructions on how to do this?

2. I saw a thread that said that TT carries a jetting tool that allows you better ability to perform jetting on the road. Anyone have this part number?

3. If I am doing water crossings, do I need to re-route some of the hoses from the FCR up under the seat? If so, which ones?

Thanks in advance for your answers. Again, I DID use the search, but have been unable to find my answers.

n

if you loosen the carb. clamps to air boots and turn the bottom out

remove the bowl and re jet