Upgrades!

ok spring is right around the corner and i need to do some upgrades here? first of all can i fit a 150 tire maybe even a 160? and does anyone know where to get those zeta handgaurds with the l.e.d. blinker built into them?

not sure bout the tire but you can get the guards from forrest at wheeling cycle supply. just got mine on today and they look sweet.:lol: good thing my drz go's faster than all the chicks chasin me down the road now:lol:

how far from Delaware are you?

i wouldnt go wider on your tire the bike is already a pig an that bigger tire will bog it down more

ok spring is right around the corner and i need to do some upgrades here? first of all can i fit a 150 tire maybe even a 160? and does anyone know where to get those zeta handgaurds with the l.e.d. blinker built into them?

Im runnin a 160/60/17 and it fits fine. Did notice a accel loss but i got a smokin deal on the tire so i dont care. The rotational mass seems to have an effect on handleing too. Not bad, just different. Plus i'll be in the 43-45H.P. range pretty soon so the weight wont matter.

The bike had a 150 on it when i got it and i'd buy another of those most likely next time. When a store closes and they liquidate 160s for less than dealer cost you cant pass it up.:lol:

i went the other way with mine for that same reason(bogging down) TII110/100/18. still hooks up way better than factory

ok i dunno why you would go smaller, but im def gonna go with thr 150 bridgestone battlax and some if those sweet zeta handgaurds

how far from Delaware are you?

north jersey hour from nyc

I had a conti 160 on the rear before, and just mounted a BT-016 in a 150. I haven't ridden the 150 yet, but I'm sure it will be fine. Mounted, it actually seems to be just as wide as the 160, just a slightly flatter profile. I think I'll actually like it better than the 160. As for the loss of power, I wouldn't sweat it too much. There isn't THAT much difference in mass, and the real issue is thickness of the carcass. I wish the Maxxis 6119 were still available, as they are a bit thinner (lower speed rating, but who cares on a DRZ) and lighter. I got a great deal on the BT-016, so I'll give it a shot.

I have the bridgestone Battlax on the rear and i havnt been decievd! It grips well and lasts long enough! I have 140/60/17 on the rear and from what i have noticed is that it handles better on the rear wheel only! The dealer didnt have 150s. Unfortunately... But the tires are good.

I put a set of 160 Dunlop Mutant super-moto tyres on mine, fantastic.:lol:

I have a set of Diablo Corsa Pro's on my 05 sm. 160 in the rear. Works just fine...

howdy neighbor :lol:

Yeah im another one in the area.

I usually run a 150 pilot power on my bike. I right now have a MT60R on the bike and thats a 160.

they will fit, i didnt notice a difference in power, but i have sprockets too.

We all should get together and ride once its warmer.

Yeah im another one in the area.

We all should get together and ride once its warmer.

we do get together for a street sm ride every now & again. well - once a year for the past two years.

i know i'm looking forward to a group ride.

warning: not for the faint of heart

we do get together for a street sm ride every now & again. well - once a year for the past two years.

i know i'm looking forward to a group ride.

warning: not for the faint of heart

love the group ride, ihave like 5 guys a ride with, you guys from north or south jersey?06AvonDistanziaDualSportRearMD.gif what do you think of this tire?

love the group ride, ihave like 5 guys a ride with, you guys from north or south jersey?06AvonDistanziaDualSportRearMD.gif what do you think of this tire?

I looked into that tire, but what are you looking to ride more, street or dirt?

I am actually friends with Brian who usually sets up the rides up in North Jersey.

The first year i tagged along with my zx9r. Now i got the motard and i just got a Go-Pro so i can get some good footage of the ride.

I had the true SM compound avons and they were ok. Only got half a year out of them before they wore out though ie about 4000 miles or so. They hooked good but would shread fast. Then they wore goofy and really went fast at the end.

Not recomended if your looking for a long life street tire.