Sign in to follow this  

factory warranty

i was told by the dealer where i bought my sm just internal stuff like big bore stroker cams stuff like that pipes an carbs dosent but thats what i was told it might be a lie just to get me to by the bike

no mod voids your warranty.

the warranty does not cover your mods though.

Just to add a bit

The warranty also does not cover the damage improper mods can do to the motor.

If you put on an exhaust, jet it too lean and fry your motor, your dealer wont do anything for you.

If you have a good dealer they will let you do anything and cover it, Warranty work for them is gravy work fully paid for by suzuki 99% of the time.

It really depends on the dealership as to how well they go to bat for you. In the end Suzuki is the one paying for the labor and parts and depending on how well the dealership deals with Suzuki, that is what can make or break the warranty covering something.

Eddie,

I have to challenge your statement that "No mod voids your warranty". I know our dealership would be hard pressed to go to bat for you if you installed aftermarket valves, had one drop, then it destroys your head, jug, etc. Obviously like you said the warranty won't cover the valves, but I would be suprised if your dealership would cover everything else. If you do thats great, just doesn't seem practical.

It's pretty much up to the dealer on how much they will disclose when getting something warrantied, 90% of the time thats one of the first questions from manufacturer asks if your calling for autho on a job.

In addition I found Suzuki to be one of the worst for wanting all failure parts back from warranty work.

It really depends on the dealership as to how well they go to bat for you. In the end Suzuki is the one paying for the labor and parts and depending on how well the dealership deals with Suzuki, that is what can make or break the warranty covering something.

Eddie,

I have to challenge your statement that "No mod voids your warranty". I know our dealership would be hard pressed to go to bat for you if you installed aftermarket valves, had one drop, then it destroys your head, jug, etc. Obviously like you said the warranty won't cover the valves, but I would be suprised if your dealership would cover everything else. If you do thats great, just doesn't seem practical.

Not what he said..

The installation of the aftermarket valves does not void the warranty.. Stated and true.

You mention aftermarket parts causing a failure and the failed or damaged parts not being covered due to the cause being the aftermarket part.. Also true.. But two different animals.

Have to keep these topic apples to apples.

Additionally, an OEM warranty is only as good as the servicing dealer.

Eddie,

come on,do you really think that is what i meant? :lol:

if you mod the motor and your guages fail the motor mods have nothing to do with the gauges.

if your aftermarket valves destoy your motor obviously you are on your own.

come on,do you really think that is what i meant? :lol:

if you mod the motor and your guages fail the motor mods have nothing to do with the gauges.

if your aftermarket valves destoy your motor obviously you are on your own.

No thats not really what I thought you meant but that is how it reads. There is a lot of grey area when it comes to who decides if a motor mod made a motor fail. There are plenty of dealerships that wouldn't mind voiding someones warranty if they installed an aftermarket exhaust and then had a cam chain fail. The reality of it is you need to find a good dealership and stick with them.

a dealer cannot void any ones warranty for any reason.that is in no way in their control.

Bottom line, when the engineers start seeing trends or unrealistic failures, the dealer will most likely get a call tag for "All Related Parts" for a certain claim number submitted by the dealer. Yeah, most times there will be an authorization made prior to repairs, but that does not guarantee that the claim will sale through processing. Now a'days, the computer system kicks out claims with target failures that are programed in. Looking for valve failures, cam chain failures, etc... Not much human involvement anymore.

On the topic of a dealer canceling a person/bikes warranty, I had a dealer call me back in the early '70s at Suzuki and tell me about a certain customer that had abused his TS "Something" to the point that you could not recognize what model it was (OK exaggeration, but you get the idea). The dealer was denying the warranty work that the customer caused by the abuse inflicted on this poor thing and just wanted to give me a heads up that he was on his way to the dealer in the next town to seek the repairs. This was back in the days that a stamped warranty card, much like today's credit card without the mag strip, were mailed to the customer and was presented to the dealer for warranty repairs. The dates of coverage were imprinted in the card. Today, a dealer simply punches a vin# into the Suzuki website and it will tell them all that info. Not saying it is done, but all a dealer has to do is call Suzuki warranty and they can, if justifiable, cancel anyones warranty. They better have a valid and documented reason, but it could be done.

Just sayin...