Sign in to follow this  

KTM DB Snorkel

I rode with a guy that had DB snorkel on a 300xcw and it was impressive, at idle I just hear engine noise. Has anyone tried it on a 200xcw? does it take power away?

Ive seen those a couple of times, dont know anything about them but I think noise might be one of our bigger problems

It has no effect on power. I use one on my 200xcw during the summer. We typically spend 4-6 hrs a day on the bike both days each weekend. Even an enduro-legal bike is too loud and fatiguing for me over that amount of time.

It has no effect on power. I use one on my 200xcw during the summer. We typically spend 4-6 hrs a day on the bike both days each weekend. Even an enduro-legal bike is too loud and fatiguing for me over that amount of time.

Seriously, no noticable effect on power? Where do i get one, i have a place where I can ride right out of my back door if I can be stealthy. I was thinking of getting a trials bike for that but if I can ride my 200 I'm definately in. Anybody have a photo of one installed?

I wouldn't mind a SA/ DB snorkel end pipe for my stock 07 silencer, if it's made.

Link anyone?

Is it quieter than a 200xcw with a FMF Q? if so is it alot quieter? Did you install it on the stock silencer? or did you install it on a spark arrested silencer?

Is it quieter than a 200xcw with a FMF Q? if so is it alot quieter? Did you install it on the stock silencer? or did you install it on a spark arrested silencer?

mine is on a ktm/fmf hardparts spark arrestor. It's quieter than the q, but i bet with a q it would be even quieter. I'm all about quiet. You kids get off my lawn! :lol:

I dont need the spark arrestor so I run the stock xcw silencer and was wondering if it will fit? According to the website the stocker is too big around.

I dont need the spark arrestor so I run the stock xcw silencer and was wondering if it will fit? According to the website the stocker is too big around.

I believe the new Snorkle will fit a stock silencer. Called the mfg a few weeks back to ask. He said they've recently changed the design and the new style will fit a stock KTM 300.

looks like a good idea and the price is not bad. Thing i don't like is they continually take about "noisy two strokes" when it has been proven time and again that the sound from a 4st carries much farther that any 2st. My 300 is super quiet in the woods and can barely hear it a couple hundred feet away. My 4st however is totally different can hear that loud bark a mile away.

my .02

their website is wrong. ORBAbill had his snorkel mounted on a stock silencer in late 2007.

Thing i don't like is they continually take about "noisy two strokes" when it has been proven time and again that the sound from a 4st carries much farther that any 2st. My 300 is super quiet in the woods and can barely hear it a couple hundred feet away. My 4st however is totally different can hear that loud bark a mile away.

true, and I wish there was something similar for 4-strokes, but apparently the 4stroke ones melt. My husaberg 550 is pretty quiet tho after Knobbylips did a custom repack and internal modification to the stock muffler.

Ya those things are pretty amazing at reducing the noise level, heck it's nearly impossible to even hear them from only a few feet away. I wish there were something like that for the 4t's, but there's not...

is there just a SA end cap that can replace the stock cap on the later bikes?

It should mount on the stock one mines on the powercore and like skook said it is quiet this thing doesn't take away any power and your packing stay drier prolonging repacking intervals. Dusty

Seriously, no noticable effect on power? Where do i get one, i have a place where I can ride right out of my back door if I can be stealthy. I was thinking of getting a trials bike for that but if I can ride my 200 I'm definately in. Anybody have a photo of one installed?

Dan, get the dB Snorkel... but get a Trials bike too!

I recently contacted the dbsnorkel folks. They said it would fit on the stock SX silencer, but I have not purchased one yet. I am very pleased at how quiet my new sx is, but it can always be quieter!

I have one from a 07 250xcw i bought preowned,it came with the bike.Sold the 07 and don't use it on my 04. Anyone wanna make a deal?

im going to ghetto rig that...