2007 rmz 450 gearing

On tight trails I find that even in first gear idle the bike goes way too fast, and doesnt have good luging ability, I changed the rear out from the 49 to a 51 and it is a little better but I find my self working the clutch way to much just to keep it running, and stalling it alot, and as soon as I crack the throttle it almost has too much snap now. coming off my 125 which I was able to lug pretty slow I am hating it. ANyone that has tried out different gearing combos find a happy medium?

You must be in some VERY tight trails if you need to gear down even farther than 51. Although I don't understand how you got away with lugging a 125 as they pretty much have zero low end compaired to any 450.

But if it still does not have enough at low speeds and you do not want to go any farther with gearing then consider doing something to increase the low end power. A "Power Now" wing may be helpful and even the Boyesen "Quickshot" could help your stalling problem. Also, make sure that you are jetted correctly, you are looking for anything that could give you a low end boost.

I had the same problem and could not find a FW so I went with the Rekluse Pro auto clutch and am very satisfied for my stile of riding. Not cheep but now i love my bike. I changed my fork oil from 5 wt to 2.5 andrun it at the lower recomended volume and it very plush in the woods and rocks. Ervin.

Not sure if you bought the right bike for the job. Mine likes 3rd gear, 50 tooth rear sprocket on a MX track hauling ass. I tried some trails and it was horrible and over heated easily. I even added the coolant over flow and it's not happy or designed to go slow, IMO. I would rather get a XR400 for trails if that's what I rode all day.

Not sure if you bought the right bike for the job. Mine likes 3rd gear, 50 tooth rear sprocket on a MX track hauling ass. I tried some trails and it was horrible and over heated easily. I even added the coolant over flow and it's not happy or designed to go slow, IMO. I would rather get a XR400 for trails if that's what I rode all day.

Could you post a picture of your coolant overflow tank? Because Suzuki does not make a off-road 450, I'm pressing a z450 into that roll. As a result I am liking the idea of adding a coolant overflow tank.

you have two options get an auto clutch or change your gearing. I went two teeth smaller on the rear and mine lugs down good for me I would hate to go up as it would be too responsive.