Sign in to follow this  

Which oil filter does everyone use

I am wondering if anyone recommends any filter specific other than stock oem from kawasaki for a 450f. Does many people use the washable steel screens, or the paper element. Just wondering i'm new to the 4 stroke bikes.

reuseable sounds cool but u need two! one ready to go while u clean the other. bit of a pain if u ask me!!! K&N, FLO, FILTRON, i think there all the same diff. name on em!!!!

I like OEM better in my bike as well. I don't know about the other brands of filters, but i've found the K&N don't seem to seat as well as OEM IMO..

tusk-rocky mountain mc.i dont get caught up in name brands too much as they dont stay in there very long anyway.

tusk-rocky mountain mc.i dont get caught up in name brands too much as they dont stay in there very long anyway.

same here

stainless reusable..All ive used since the 99 yz 400 came out.. Scotts is a really good one, ive been using a "Ready" filter but it just does not fit right for some reason.

+2

Every 3-4 oil changes mine gets changed. Never been dirty or had small metal specks in there so I think the bike is doing fine with the cheapo stuff.

Twinair also makes good oil filters to go along with their airfilters. I have used both OEM and Twinair over the years.

I have a ready filter stainless steel reusable with black oil cover for $25 bucks shipped if anyone wants it.

I've always used OEM, and I will always use OEM. I've seen aftermarket filters let go more than once, at most in-opportune times (130+mph, while leaned over in the fastest turn on the track). Never have seen an OEM filter fail.

It's a cheap item that so much relies on, I'll always spend the extra few dollars to buy the OEM. Even on our 190hp superbike(s)

i'm not sure where i picked it up from, but ive always been told/heard that the stainless/reusables arent as free flowing as the paper type filters, and are more for trail bike riders. i pretty much buy the paper type filters by the box, at about 3/6 bucks a piece.

Ready filter Stainless. I can't imagine how they would be more restrictive than paper by looking at it. I'm happy with mine.