Sign in to follow this  

2000 KTM 250 EXC Radiator

Ok, so I got the bike and flushed out the anti-freeze and refilled it. I noticed it was leaking onto the pipe so I looked it over and noticed it was coming from the over flow tube. I checked the thermostat and it was fine (boiled it) and then I replaced the radiator cap and it still dribbles. Any clue what the problem could be?

Ok, so I got the bike and flushed out the anti-freeze and refilled it. I noticed it was leaking onto the pipe so I looked it over and noticed it was coming from the over flow tube. I checked the thermostat and it was fine (boiled it) and then I replaced the radiator cap and it still dribbles. Any clue what the problem could be?

make sure your fluid level is just above the rad fins. If too full the liquid expands as it come up to temp (not overheating) and there is no where to go but out.

Yea the manual says 5-10mm above the fins. I do think I over fill it just a quater inch or so but it comes out enough it is usualy below the fins after a rough ride?

Well the radiator cap I just put on was a slightly used one , maybe bad. I guess either way its an easy fix...maybe not the cheapest with a new radiator cap though. I think the price for a new one is about $45. Oh well thanks for the input and I will see what I can do.