Making that Aluminum frame shine...

My '06 250f has hundreds of hours hence wear on the frame. The bike is stripped down to the frame right now so i figured i would clean it up. what product should i use to clean/polish my frame?????

Never Dull. Works real well,used by alot of car show enthusiasts.

mothers Aluminum polish

anyone have any pictures of a polished yami frame.

i will take pics of mine and i will post

Heres just a light mothers shine on my 450 (which is fs btw!)

1021081341.jpg

1021081345.jpg

I too, use Nevr-Dull. Pretty effortless and easy to touch up (my boots mark it up every ride). Wear latex/Nitrile gloves, your fingers will be black for a few days otherwise!

mine looks the same other than i got monster graphics

Use some 100 grit sandpaper, sand the frame. Then move to 200 grit, then 400, then 800, then 1200, then 2000.

Spray off all the alumi. dust, then take some Mothers Carnauba Wax and buff the frame lightly. After that take some Meguairs Motorcycle Polish and polish the frame.

4ikgh1.jpg

2guzj4n.jpg

20z5gg4.jpg

Use some 100 grit sandpaper, sand the frame. Then move to 200 grit, then 400, then 800, then 1200, then 2000.

Spray off all the alumi. dust, then take some Mothers Carnauba Wax and buff the frame lightly. After that take some Meguairs Motorcycle Polish and polish the frame.

4ikgh1.jpg

2guzj4n.jpg

20z5gg4.jpg

holy shitte! thats shiney!

thats fricken sweet ass shiney

yeah, you cant go wrong with the "Mothers" brand products

that is beautiful! i particularly like the shiny covers. i would do something like that myself but i wouldn't want all that ally dust getting sucked into my engine. maybe if i stripped her right down to the frame and put the lump in a separate room! that is the coolest thing ive ever seen though!

have you had any issues with your polished frame? do you typically have to rebuff after riding

This is my 06 with polished frame 0043.jpg008.jpg

That 06 above me looks pretty sickk.

And to DirtPipeRider, just take the cover off, polish it, then take a low-PSI air gun and spray all the dust off. To prevent the dust from getting in my ignition and clutch plates, I took a plastic bag and taped it over the gears and clutch plates. It worked pretty well.

If anyone has any questions on the process I used, I know it's posted before, but if you have any specific questions or want some advice, feel free to PM me, I'll be glad to help as best I can.

Mxr300ex

Did you go as far as the other guy did. They both look sick. If not what was your process

why not anodize the frame? would be pretty sick if you could do it...

Yes, you have to sand it before you polish it because the frames not smooth.

why not anodize the frame? would be pretty sick if you could do it...

That would look sweet until your boots wore through...